ACA Financial Controller - #33480
Date: 2 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
Our client is a global solar energy organization providing leading edge technology solutions across a diverse range of residential and commercial sectors.
The role will l ead the strategic business and financial planning to formulate the maximum ROI on investments and operational costs whilst achieving cost optimization, revenue growth objectives and delivering operational excellence
- Provide strategic financial insights and analysis to support decision-making, mitigate risks and areas of operational improvement to optimize revenue and profit.
- Financial reporting and business intelligence – prepare comprehensive board financial and management reports.
- Strategic business planning & forecasting – develop and manage the budgeting and forecasting process including Annual Operating Plans; liquidity forecasting;
- Prepare and conduct risk assessments; design and implement of internal controls to mitigate risks, improve operational efficiencies, reduce costs and increase profitability.
- Establish robust automated financial processes, policies and systems.
- Business review meetings – lead monthly business review meetings with functional heads and business leaders to discuss financial insights and performance.
- Conduct feasibility studies of proposed investments and projects and provide recommendations on investment decisions.
- Treasury and cash flow management
- Develop performance drivers, scorecards and KPIs to measure business performance and variances.
- Build strong relationships with banking partners and financial institutions.
Lead internal and external audits.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- 10 – 15 years post qualification experience with 5 years’ mid-level finance management specializing in strategy and business planning, financial modeling, cash flow management and profit optimization.
- Working knowledge of IFRS and UAE corporate income tax reporting.
UAE driving license is a strong advantage.
Chartered Accountancy (ACA) is mandatory
- Currently living in the United Arab Emirates – must be able to live and work in Dubai.
- Fluent in English.
- Strategic thinker with the gravitas to become a trusted advisor and strategic business partner.