Account Manager - #43869
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
The role is an individual contributor and has the purpose to represent the company and business strategies, develop the sales growth at the customer, increase total value creation, manage the order-to-cash process and improve customer satisfaction of LyondellBasell’s commodity polyolefin products at customers within a specific region in line with the defined business strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops and nurtures relation-ships with customers, identifying new trend-setters and establishing solid relationships with them.
- Makes recommendations on potential improvement of overall marketing drive for the segment to the Business Management.
- First information point for the provision of know-how and data relating to the products and the market for those products coming from the strategic marketing segment of the organization
- Identifies and develops new customers, maintains an active pipeline of new business opportunities
- Collecting and providing all pricing related information to assist BU implementing a price policy in the relevant market and devises pricing tactics within specified guidelines.
- Assists BU’s drive for results and achievement of sales and pricing objectives based on the price policy and specified guidelines at the customer in terms of contribution margin, volume, customer share, cost management, bad debt and working capital.
- Coordinates and follows-up all activities with the customer as to new opportunities, product information, offers, orders, contracts negotiation and formulation, deliveries, invoice, credit terms, after sales service, claims, in close cooperation with the Customer Service Group
- Efficiently plans customer visits and reports to extract more value for LyondellBasell. Involves the CSR as a primary source of information to build a market intelligence report.
- Analyses and reports changes and new developments in the market concerning competition, customers, new products and services, sales methods and promotions.
- Actively investigates continued improvement in sales methods (promotions, publicity, sponsorships, packaging, etc.)
- Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders and builds an effective network. Key stakeholders include: Customers and internal interfaces such as business management, quality, technical service, supply chain, customer service, credit, tax, legal and financial services.
- Respects all policies and procedures and proactively “lives” them
- To follow the company policy about Product Risk Management. Work in collaboration with AD/TS, Supply Chain in order to understand and avoid product risk. Follow directives and procedures from Lyondellbasell Product Stewardship Manager AP & AFMEI. Follow up of claims in guidance with the policy for product risk management
Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated – performance driven and able to operate and function independently.
- Mobility - ability to travel is essential, ability and willingness to relocate may be required.
- Excellent communicator – ability to collaborate and build effective global networks to support customer needs.
- Organized and accountable - ability to work independently, proactively identifying sales opportunities, tracking progress, closing new business while managing existing customers and business needs.
- High energy - ability to sustain a high level of energy and sales performance.
- Integrity – instills trust and builds effective business relationships internally and with existing and new customers.
- Excellent presenter - ability to present oneself in an appropriate manner while representing the company.
- Time management - ability to prioritize multiple tasks and activities effectively and efficiently.
- Digital Tools – skilled at utilizing Microsoft 365 and other SAP digital tools for analytics, communicating and collaborating on plans and actions that are in the best interest of the company.
University or college degree in Chemical Engineering, Business Administration minimum bachelor preferably MBA or master degree in sciences or engineering university Bachelor degree in Polymer Engineering
Min 5 years experience in Polymers, Sales, Marketing or Business Management
CompetenciesBuilds effective teams Collaborates Cultivates innovation Customer focus Demonstrates courage Drives results Ensures accountability Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to champion our employees, and unlock value for customers, investors and society. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is strongly committed to our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.