Accounting Manager - #43895
Marriott International, Inc
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Central Park Towers Level 12, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Effectively maintains the operation of the Accounting department to execute finance and accounting responsibilities for the Continent office. Provides strong technical expertise and direction to support the Continent Leadership Team on day to day basis by ensuring compliance with Marriott International Policies (MIP) as well as International and Local Standard Operating Procedures (ISOPs and LSOPs)
Education and Experience
- Accounting Qualification or Studying towards an Accounting qualification.
- High school diploma/ exams
- Ideally minimum 3 years of Accounting experience
- System knowledge of Peoplesoft is an advantage but not essential.
- Microsoft Excel Proficient
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Prepares monthly Balance sheet reconciliation for C4951, C4953 and C4956 for payroll accounts.
- Oversees monthly balance sheet process and ensure accuracy and timeliness of reconciliations.
- Follow up with different associates on reclasses and related journals for month end and quarter end closing
- Update BS recs based on any review comments received from the DOF
- Monitor to ensure there is no MIP 66 item and action any that may arise in a quarter to ensure it does not re-occur.
- Ensure all the VAT accounts are fully reconciled, understand the VAT claimable expenses and tally with the submitted VAT returns.
- Ensure all intercompany accounts are up to date and the aging is maintained within 60 days for both receivables and payables
- Ensure the bonus accruals are up to date and the true up is posted on time for the Dubai office and overseas associates.
- Audits the Fixed Asset register prepared by Accenture and ensure FA accounts are matching with the register
- Perform regular Fixed Asset audit across the office to ensure accuracy of the register and the IT store as per WASP.
- Supports annual external auditors by providing information and clarification in regard to BS queries.
- Make suggestions to ADOF on improving controls around the BS and work to implement any approved processes.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example to a small accounting team of professionals
- Manage the General accountant-BS by training, assigning, scheduling and coaching them, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets accounting financial standards by providing accounting information to other FBP’s if requested.
- Identify ways to streamline accounting operations and ways to improve the department
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in all interactions.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gather information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirement to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.)
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
o o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.