Assistant Information Technology Manager - #24707
MOVENPICK MOVENPICK HOTEL & APARTMENTS AZAIBA MUSC
Discover the warm French-Polynesian welcome of our luxury 5 star beach resort situated on the East Crescent of the world famous Palm Jumeirah, offering a rejuvenating escape inspired by the rich culture of the South Pacific.
Nestled amongst lush greenery on the idyllic shores of the Arabian Gulf, Sofitel Dubai The Palm offers a tropical and relaxing sanctuary, only a short distance away from the vibrant, buzzing metropolis of Dubai.
With magnifique touches of French elegance interlaced throughout the hotel, we invite you to ‘Live the French way’ and indulge in excellence.
The IT Manager’s role is to direct and manage various IT related activities to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department is in alignment with the business objectives of the resort. This individual will also provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions, and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure.
- Implements network security as established by the corporate Security Director.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure, and directs more junior innovators when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the company's WAN.
- Manages and develops upgrades to the company's telephone system.
- Oversees all telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversees all help desk activities.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of our tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly
- At least 4 years of proven ΙΤ experience and at least two-plus years of IT department supervisory experience
- University degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- In-depth knowledge in any IT field such as software, systems, networks, etc.
- Strong Project Management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and monitor projects
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to manage a team effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and result-oriented
- Ability to handle risk, control costs and adhere to timelines
- Ability to communicate well with tech-savvy and non-technical employees
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality