Assistant Manager, Learning & Development - #33644
Bab Al Shams Desert Resort
Assistant Manager, Learning & Development
Rare Finds is a diverse collection of resorts celebrating the individuality and unique identity of a destination, with a distinct ability to captivate the imagination, and bring to the forefront the essence of a place.
Authentic and captivating, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort is a truly magical destination, where expertly curated itineraries and bespoke entertainment are the beating heart of our legendary desert-based destination. Part of our unique Rare Finds collection, the essence of Bab Al Shams joins our guests together to discover the most soulful experiences and humbling journeys, set against Dubai’s endless dunes and rich culture.
About The Role
Drives company values and philosophy and ensures all learning and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision. Works with Human Resources Manager and property leadership team to identify and address colleagues and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills. Conducts needs assessments, designs, and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide key input on Training aspects for all activities and plans of the Hotel.
- Support individual and team development, career development, training, and experience-based learning.
- Induct, coach, and mentor new colleagues.
- Interact with hotel leaders responsible for people development to support operational departments.
- Partner with the department to deliver training programs and other organizational and leadership development interventions.
- Monitor and conduct learning and development reviews with each department.
- Prepare annual training plans and training calendars for the hotel.
- Updates and records all training completions in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- To plan, design, and facilitate the delivery of programs as required.
- To work alongside and manage departmental trainers to ensure that regular and consistent departmental training is delivered to fulfill the operational needs.
- Ensure monthly departmental trainers meetings are held to discuss training gaps in quality and agree on plans for the next month to address any training needs.
- Track training hours per colleague and ensure a minimum of 4 hours of training per month.
- To follow through to make sure that both individual and organizational goals are achieved based on the agreed Development Plans in their Performance Appraisals.
- Manage and facilitate cross-training within the property.
- To liaise with external institutions and organizations for all appropriate external programs that the team members will be nominated for.
- Administer the enrolment of Corporate Training programs, compile and maintain training records, training statistics, and monthly training reports.
- Assist team with Human Resources activities as required.
- Ensures full implementation and adherence to the hotel Talent Development Operations Standards Manual as well as all additional corporate add-on Policies and Procedures.
- Conducting a Training Need Analysis and in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources develops the hotel's annual training plan. Aligning the plan to support business objectives both short, medium, and long term.
- Monitors the annual training plan every quarter to ensure the program and evaluates that learning objectives have been met and acquired skills and knowledge are being transferred back into the workplace.
- Responsible for all aspects of the colleague training and development life cycle: orientation, regulatory certifications, career progression, and performance management. We are adhering to all required UAE laws as well as following international best practices.
- Develop and maintain effective employee relations through: advocating consistent and fair recognition; consistent and fair management; ensuring regular and timely feedback on performance; encouraging multi-directional communication; ensuring colleagues are actively encouraged and supported to develop their knowledge, skills, and competencies, etc.
- To assist the Human Resources Department with the Colleague Engagement Survey ensuring the survey is administered according to Hotel Corporate policies and procedures. Assists Departments to ensure their post-survey departmental action plans are formulated within pre-set deadlines to enhance and or improve upon highlighted issues.
- Monitors the Customer Metrix reports and guest satisfaction ratings. Discusses the same with Department Heads to address any performance issues within the Department that are impacting upon guest service.
- Collaborates with the Management Team to monitor colleague performance to ensure all persons are working to a standard that contributes to the achievement of the hotel's business objectives.
- Ensures that all training systems are fully implemented within all departments and regularly reviews the same, revising and updating as required: new employee training plans; cross training; buddy system; new employee monthly checklist; on-job training, etc.
- Ensures that all mandatory corporate training programs are implemented according to the required standards.
- Proactively champions the performance management process. Ensuring that Managers keep up-to-date performance journals of all team members.
- Ensures that individual development plans as a result of performance appraisals are followed up on a quarterly basis and colleagues are actively encouraged in their continual professional development.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Department assists in the creation of a Succession Planning system for all grades to ensure consistency in service and to promote career development within the hotel/group.
- Ensures that all Training related documentation is kept up to date; filed accordingly to the Hotel Talent Development Operations Manual and best practice data protection laws.
- Creates a training library of learning materials made accessible for all hotel colleagues to promote self-study.
- Compiles monthly training reports as per hotel requirements.
- Keeps updated with all new training-related systems, strategies, and new products in the market.
- Ensure that the colleague handbook is updated annually in iKonnect.
- Ensures that the Training Room is in line with brand standards.
- Ensures that all training should have evaluation/feedback - including all on-job, online, and instructor lead learning.
- Manage BAS LinkedIn Learning account and ensure all participants regularly use the platform.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree: Training/ Hospitality/ Human Resources or any other related courses
- 5 Years’ experience in Training in the hotel industry.
- 1 year experience in a similar role in a five-star hotel in the middle east
- People management experience
- Strong orientation toward customer service
- Highly organized and proactive and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Presentation skills
- Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
- Effective Communication
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Leadership skills
- Customer focused.
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic Thinking
Join a team that is warm, caring, connected and empowered to create truly unique experiences. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.