Assistant Manager / Manager - M&A and International Tax - #43739
Grant Thornton's M&A and International Tax Services team is a highly responsive, experienced group of tax professionals dedicated to assisting our dynamic clients in managing risk and identifying opportunities before, during and after major life-cycle events including significant acquisitions, dispositions, capital raises, restructurings and distributions. Recognizing that our services are a critical component of our clients M&A strategy, we work collaboratively with our clients and colleagues, both domestically and abroad. With the support of our broad tax services and advisory offerings, such as transaction advisory services, valuation services and our international network, we are uniquely positioned to anticipate and respond to complex transaction related issues with agility and distinctive client service.
The Consultant/ Senior Consultant will primarily be responsible for delivery of a full range of transaction tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
Responsibilities will include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning and consulting services that will drive deal value throughout a client’s investment decision. Collaborating among senior transaction professionals of the firm and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development and business development activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven professional to progress within our firm.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll assist the engagement team with executing and completing tax projects in a wide variety of industries.
- You’ll provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients, and manage to budget.
- You’ll maintain active communication during engagements to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and support with change efforts effectively and efficiently.
- You’ll work closely with our Transaction Services colleagues, focusing on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions and other transactions-related work.
- You’ll assist in conducting buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence, advising on tax efficient acquisitions and divestments, advising clients on tax efficient restructurings, reviewing taxes in financial models and reviewing transaction documents.
- You’ll be involved in researching tax issues, preparing written communication in a succinct and deal-driven manner, helping clients with responses to tax authorities, and assisting clients in strategizing on the tax aspects of the transactions.
- You’ll assist the management team on project development, client pursuit initiatives and the management of priority accounts.
- You’ll perform analysis of a client’s tax attributes surrounding certain business events including, tax basis of assets and stock, tax accounting for M&A driven transaction costs and corporate earnings and profits.
- You’ll monitor client WIP and ensure a positive contribution is made to departmental billings.
- You’ll co-ordinate with other colleagues locally and globally to deliver M&A Tax engagements.
- You’ll follow risk management and compliance procedures and consult with the management team on technical and risk matters.
Who we're looking for:
- You’ll have good foundational knowledge of tax.
- You’ll display initiative to solve routine problems and analyse data from a variety of different sources.
- You’ll be a team player but also have the confidence to work alone on small engagements coupled with a flexible attitude and proactive approach to work and be willing to work additional hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
- You’ll possess excellent organisational and time management skills.
- You’ll be motivated to perform and be committed to effective client service.
- You’ll have attention to detail to ensure that the quality of work meets the firm’s ethical and professional standards and support our success.
- You’ll have a Bachelors’ degree in finance or accounting with a specialization in tax.
- You’ll be studying towards the CTA/ ACCA/ CPA or an equivalent professional qualification relevant to tax services.
- You'll be comfortable using Microsoft packages and technology.
- You’ll have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You’ll demonstrate strong technical aptitude and commercial awareness.