Assistant Principal - Al Mushrif Charter KG - #43863
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, Director/Principal
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or B.A science degree with a PGCE is essential. Desirable Master’s degree.
- At least 6 years experience, including 4 consecutive years of teaching performance that exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal
- At least 2 years experience in a middle leadership role
- Experience in leading school initiatives that have led to improvement in standards and achievement.
- Experience working with parents and external agencies.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- With secure knowledge of teaching and learning and a track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards and plug gaps in learning.
- Ability to work with data and be effective in using data to diagnose, intervene, and evaluate impact upon learning.
- Ability to organize tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Must possess leadership skills
- Must appropriately handle confidential information
- Arabic Speaker would be an advantage
To be discussed after the interview.Job Description:
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and quality ensure the activities of the staff and students and ensure a safe, orderly, and smooth functioning environment conducive to learning.
- Support and administer the annual school assessment and monitoring master schedule, working in conjunction with the school SLT and school department leaders.
- Collaborate with the Principal and Vice Principal to supervise and evaluate teachers, supervisors, and curriculum support staff as assigned.
- Provide leadership in screening and interviewing applicants including non-teaching positions, and/or recommending of applicants to be interviewed.
- Implement student achievement improvement efforts as mapped out in the school development plan and ADEK regulations and as directed by Aldar Education. This will include but not be limited to school improvement plans, standardized testing, remediation, collection and reporting of data as required, and the development of special schedules and testing procedures as necessary.
- Implement student achievement improvement efforts including directing the MAP/Exact Path student achievement plan, developing a progress-based testing schedule in coordination with the assessment coordination, establishing and overseeing the processes related to assessment and reporting student attainment and progress, data collection, student records, and archiving.
- Collaborate with the SLT team regarding new or changing instructional methods, materials, strategies, and programs.
- Assist, determine, develop, and implement plans for staff CPD development for the building that facilitates professional growth and enhances the quality and efficiency of teaching.
- Assist in the completion and submission of all required reports, forms, and data requests on time to the designated sources.
- Work/meet with other administrators and staff to foster and participate in team collaboration and effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
Closing date for applications: 10 am, Friday 15th March 2024 but we reserve the right to make an early appointment for experienced and suitably qualified applicants.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.