Bartender - #33162
Melia Hotels International
“The world is yours with Meliá”
Joining Meliá is to embark on a journey without borders because the possibilities of growing and training here are endless. It is knowing that the world is yours and that you can work in many countries. And all with the feeling that you are part of a big family.
It means knowing that you have started one of the most exciting journeys of your life, a journey in which inspiration will always accompany you. Do you dare to be the owner of your professional career in an inspiring world?
Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you
I am excited to introduce you to a luxurious and unique urban resort - Melia Desert Palm, a proud member of The Melia Collection. The resort is a five-star boutique property, offering a wide range of one, two, and three-bedroom villas, each featuring an intimate and completely private pool, which is highly sought after, especially amongst the GCC clientele. Additionally, you can stay in our beautifully curated suites with a view of the greenery. What makes this resort stand out is its equestrian theme, which is reflected in every aspect of the property. From four polo fields to a professional polo club, a riding school, and over 200 horses on the estate, you will be surrounded by the beauty of these magnificent animals. If you're looking for relaxation and rejuvenation, then you will love the world-class treatments available at the Samana Spa, or the wellness classes offered in our large recreation center. And when it comes to dining, you will be spoilt for choice with three delightful restaurants to choose from, or you can order food to your villa. Conveniently located just 20 minutes from the DXB airport and 25 minutes from Dubai Mall, Melia Desert Palm offers a serene oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Dubai. You can unwind and soak up the tranquility of the lush estate while enjoying spectacular views of the dramatic Dubai skyline.
At Melia Desert Palm Member of Melia Collection, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all. #LI-MR1
A bartender is responsible for serving drinks and attending to guests and clients in the assigned catering area, carrying out one's duties efficiently, following established procedures and meeting standards of quality. Offer professional attention and had a genuine attitude for providing good service that meets client expectations, obtaining their recognition and preference for the catering centre. Promote the sale of drinks, increase revenue and reach the objectives set.
- Follow instructions given by the role's immediate superior regarding duties and obligations assigned before and at the end of each shift. Check that one's service station is well equipped and prepare tables following the established standards and according to the type of service.
- Take part in the briefings held at the beginning of each shift to receive information on staff absences, VIPs, groups, events, general comments and to exchange opinions.
- Offer a consistently warm, professional welcome and farewell to guests and clients on their arrival at and departure from the catering area, maintaining impeccable posture and presentation at all times.
- Greet clients politely and tell them one's name, informing them that you will be in charge of serving them.
- Mix drinks according to recipes.
- Check identification of customers, to ensure that they are of legal drinking age.
- Clean bars, tables, and work areas.
- Maintains bar stock in accordance with established standards.
- Take drinks orders accurately, checking requests with clients to prevent confusion. Offer specialities, wine service and make drink suggestions to increase sales.
- Serve drinks as soon as they are ready. Any drinks that are not to the client's satisfaction should be removed immediately. If it is a simple matter, return the drink to the bar. If it is a more important issue, inform the supervisor immediately.
- Take care when carrying prepared orders to avoid accidents and to meet safety standards at all times.
- Have the bill ready when requested and strictly follow set procedures for collecting payment for bar bills, depending on the method of payment.
- When clients make to leave, and if time permits it, pull back their chairs and say goodbye thanking them for their visit, inviting them to return.
- Arrive for work on time and follow hotel policies and procedures on matters of discipline, presentation, working hours, transit areas and safety standards as set by the hotel.
- Attend departmental meetings and participate in training programmes for the role on an ongoing basis.
- Carry out all instructions and tasks assigned by the position’s immediate superior, as well as any other responsibilities as required by the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Meliá we are all VIP
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP People.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to be “Very Inspiring People“, follow us on:
INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – INDEED – GLASSDOOR