Beverage Manager- Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah - #43826
Marriott International, Inc
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah Dubai, Palm West Beach Palm Jumeirah Road, Dubai, 0, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for beverage operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include beverage service in the Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with promoting the lounge, menu planning, maintains standards, assists servers on the floor during peak periods and manages property liquor inventories and controls. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to accomplish goals and implements training plan. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Beverage Operations
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
- Manages in compliance with all applicable beverage and liquor laws.
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures compliance with all beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
- Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Leading Beverage Team
- Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Communicates critical information to the beverage staff regarding each event.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you. JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 100 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. JW Marriott associates are confident, innovative, genuine, intuitive, and carry on the legacy of the brand’s namesake and company founder, J.Willard Marriott. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can pursue your passions in a luxury environment with a focus on holistic well-being. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment. In joining JW Marriott, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.