B&F Support Expert - Akira Back - #33348
Marriott International, Inc
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Dubai - The Palm, West Crescent, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Our jobs aren’t just about putting food on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for their bill. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique – with food and drinks on the side. Our F&B Support Experts take the initiative and deliver a wide range of services to make sure food and beverage operations run smoothly. Whether setting tables, assisting the kitchen, or cleaning work areas and replenishing supplies, the F&B Support Expert provides the support that make transactions feel like part of the experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for F&B Support Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
Contributing to Customer Service in line with the service model and quality standards of the Venue in order to ensure customer satisfaction, along with colleagues and the other functions of the restaurant (Waiter – Hostess – Kitchen – Bar)
Contributing to the tidiness and cleanliness of the Venue in order to preserve the Image of the Restaurant and respect local health and safety regulations.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
40% of Time Spent
- Guaranteeing the preparation of the Restaurant
- Contributing to the tidying up and cleaning of the Restaurant and of the Back of the House
- Contributing to the proper delivery of service
- Check completed kitchen orders and deliver food from kitchen to the guest ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide efficient and courteous service of food and beverages to all guests and ensure that guest expectations are met or exceeded.
- Communicate with the chefs and other team members ensuring all standards are met with attention to detail.
- Serving the right dishes to the right Customers [following the Customer positions] at the right table, naming each dish while serving it and explaining it.
- Helping the waiter if required
- Guaranteeing to the Barman the service of dishes for lunch/dinner at the bar
30% of Time Spent
- Assist in clearing, cleaning and setup of tables, chairs, linens, china, glass and silver for service in an unobtrusive manner.
- Assist in stocking linens, china, glass, silver, and food items for service; assist in preparation of smaller items such as toast, soup, or beverages.
- Prepare the mise en place and maintains the operating equipment to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Assist in the breakdown, cleaning and set-up of food on stage.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the menu and be able to assist guests with menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Requisition all necessary supplies, specifically bottle-for-bottle liquor restock, transporting supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area as required.
30% of Time Spent
- Contributing to closing operations
- Guaranteeing the tidying up operations at the end of the evening
- Guaranteeing the cleaning operations at the end of the evening
- Contributing to the compliance with Image standards and health and safety regulations
- Guaranteeing continuously to maintain the venue tidy and clean
- Respecting behaviour guidelines
- Respecting the weekly planning
- Being present at one’s workplace at any time
- Respecting contract regulations and health and safety provisions
- To be fully conversant with all Food and Beverage policies and procedures.
- Attend daily briefing and get a handover from the previous shift
- Able to work any shift that is assigned to him/her by Management or Supervisor
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her
- Reports and handles all complaints, concerns or special requests of guests.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Full compliance with Marriott policies and procedures.
- Adhere to International Summary Risk Assessment and Control Self-Assessment Audits.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- High School Diploma
Experience 2-3 years previous restaurant, bars and/or 5 star Hotel experience preferred along with strong employee engagement
Working with others
- W Look: appear confident, well-groomed.
- W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
- Never say no attitude
- Exceed customer expectations
- Communicate with others
- Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
- Act with professionalism & integrity
- Verbal and listening skills
- Take ownership
- Learn, develop and adapt to change
- Work independently
- Manage Time
- Attend to detail
- Commit to quality
- Follow policies and procedures
- Follow direction
Technical / functional competencies
- High level of IT understanding including Micros
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
- Understanding of Starwood policies and procedures
- Basic understanding of international and local labour law
- Starwood program knowledge preferred
Other skills (Language)
- Fluency in English mandatory
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Second language preferred
All talent members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific W standards are to be met. Styling should be in line with W wardrobe
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.