BIM Coordinator – MEP - #43639
Stantec Dubai is currently seeking a BIM Coordinator to support ongoing projects.
Project Responsibilities include:
- Assist in Setting up, developing and delivering structured BIM models for projects within the discipline.
- Ensure that all CAD and BIM data comply with the BIM Project Execution Plan.
- Support generative design with routines automation.
- Support the setup, development, configuration, establishment of the Common Data
Environment (CDE) for project use.
- Ensure Project Information Models (PIM’s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
- Support, update and maintain QA/QC check templates
- Measure and ensure the highest quality for all BIM package submissions in accordance with project standards and requirements
- Record, store and maintain all formal correspondences related to BIM activities
- Perform QA/QC checks and maintain QA/QC check tracker
- Review, monitor and report on the development of clash interference and fully co-ordinated models
- Conduct clash detection and visual walkthroughs respecting clash severity matrix and prioritization.
- Prepare own discipline model and/or content for internal reviews and coordination meetings
- Review BIM submission from trade Contractors
- Monitor and validate testing and commissioning data in models
- Monitor and support the data collection process and validate Asset Information Models (AIM’s) and Client Specific requirements.
- Ensure alignment with Stantec BIM strategy and best practices.
- Development and maintenance of Revit content library for the projects.
- Provide guidance and assistance with design projects to ensure they are setup and progress optimally, and teams are using modeling platforms appropriately.
- Add insight and make recommendations to add efficiencies and value to BIM production.
BIM Coordinator – MEP
- 7+ years’ experience in design, production, engineering, administration using BIM Platforms.
- National Diploma or National Certificate in Engineering.
- Demonstrate expertise in preparation of 3D BIM models and construction documents using latest versions of Revit Mechanical, Navisworks, AutoCAD and Design Review.
- Basic / Advance knowledge of Dynamo
- Additional knowledge of parametric modeling, python scripting is a plus.
- Sufficient knowledge and familiarity with mechanical building design (systems, components)
- Integration of Revit products with other authoring, collaboration platforms/applications
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways to optimize productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to take additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimum guidance.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates