Brand Transcreator (FTC - 1 YEAR) - #33523
Role: Brand Transcreator (FTC - 1 YEAR)
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Hybrid, in the office 3 time per week)
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
Reports to Account Supervisor
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- On a daily basis, you will be translating/transcreating above-the-line and some below-the line marketing material from an English master copy to be used across all business channels, e.g. press, OOH, retail to digital, HR, brands, etc.
- Researching and translating compelling copy for assigned projects that is on strategy, original, compelling, distinctive, and appealing for the target audience.
- Completing translation of both internal and external Communications and guarantee accuracy, quality and consistency in both copy and brand voice.
- Our team are working with a CAT tool and have to maintain and update their translation memory, build glossaries, proofread and edit copy.
- Control and improve machine translation quality by assessing NMT output and providing linguistic feedback.
- You will be mentored and supported by global OLIVER Localization Project Managers in Amsterdam who oversee and manage a whole team of transcreators and translators globally. ·
- Getting to know inside-out the brand's tone-of voice, identity, categories and products.
- Our projects are deadline critical; working on several campaigns at once, staying calm under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Keeping in daily contact with the LPM team with regards to project status or issues, absences, etc. Be responsive during your office or agreed hours unless pre-arranged otherwise.
Client Management and Teamwork
- Ensuring the client has the expected level of service at all times, on a day-to-day basis. Flag to the LPM team as soon as any issues or concerns arise.
- Ensuring communication is frequent, responsive and transparent in terms of expectations.
- Be professional and diplomatic no matter the level of stress – be constructive and problem-solving oriented.
- Be proactive with explaining the adidas/ OLIVER model to your local market as 'localizations model ambassador'.
- It is expected you work in the office as an on-site FTE unless agreed and specified otherwise. Integrate yourself into the office and team. Make yourself visible
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
We're looking for a person who has:
- Extensive experience as a translator, content writer, copywriter or editor (essential).
- Excellent command of English and is a native speaker of Arabic (essential).
- Good communication skills and good team player (essential).
- Proactive and constructive approach.
- Experience working with a remote team and tight deadlines (desirable).
- Experience with marketing and SEO context (desirable).
- Advanced experience with CAT Tools (desirable).
- A Language, copywriting, marketing, social media or advertising related degree (desirable).
- A can-do and problem-solving oriented attitude.
- Flexibility and capacity to manage multiple streams of work at once, prioritising what needed and producing consistently high-level work, even with very tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team spirit, ambition to learn, support and be part of a talented, truly international localisation team.
- Passion for languages and cultures.
- 3+ years experience in translation, adaptation or copywriting relevant areas.
- Bachelor degree or above in translation, interpretation or marketing communication relevant areas.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 4000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Be actively pro-inclusive and anti-racist across our community, clients and creations
Follow us on Instagram oliver.talent
Job Id: 8113
We've set ambitious, market-leading environmental and social goals around sustainability at OLIVER. We have committed to be net zero by 2030 and take far reaching action on DE&I in the sector. We expect everyone to contribute to our mission, embedding sustainability into every department and through every stage of the project lifecycle.
Inside Ideas Group and its' affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.