BSG Controller - #43520
The Emirates Group
Job Purpose: Control implementation of Information Systems projects in various business units of Flight Operations including Network and Logistics (NC&L)/Engineering and Maintenance. Provide and manage IT and external vendor support to end users based on performance guarantees for supporting fleet operations.
- Prepare the Acceptance Test Pack for each new function, each module and for the complete system in association with the various functional areas within EK Flight Operations/Engineering/ Network Operation. Ensure prototype as well as comprehensive acceptance testing to ensure that new systems are rigorously tested against various conditions.
- Job holder will be responsible to co-ordinate between different sections of EK Flight Operations/Engineering/ Network Operations, IT and other involved departments to resolve system related issues and ensure smooth and co-ordinated programs or technical systems related projects.
- Flight Operations Business Systems /IT Controller will be responsible for monitoring the progress of on-going Flight Operations/ Network Operations /Engineering & Maintenance systems running projects. Reports problems requiring strategic decisions for management support and resolves issues of technical and operational nature.
- Assume ownership and responsibility of scope and completeness of functional definition in their respective area of business support.
- Provide guidance to core project team, working group on acceptance of deployed software.
- Ensure team members are able to make necessary time available, the commitment and time allocation should be endorsed through line management.
- Job holder will consult business managers (working groups) to establish required business parameters, workflow, roles and responsibilities and get their approval.
- Record and maintain respective logs for additional developments, software or procedural error fixing and submit to core groups for approval and action.
Qualifications & Experience: Flight Operations.Network Control : 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
- Degree in Science/Engineering/Computer Science or similar
- Experience of which 3 years in developing specifications for business requirements and providing user support on systems.
- Specific to Network Operations - 5+ yrs experience of which 3 years in Network Operations and systems development/ enhancements.
- Knowledge of airline Flight Operations/Engineering Systems and new applications of Digital Technology.
Salary & Benefits: Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.