Business Development (CPM/BDM) - #43835
JOB OPENING SUMMARY:
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the creativity and innovation that only comes about when hardworking people from a diverse group of backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives.
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they colour the kind of wonder that's revolutionised entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Based in Dubai you will be reporting to the North Africa Sales lead.
The role has two key responsibilities; that of managing all aspect of channel programmes as well as supporting the NA& Islands sales team in various business development deliverables. With both responsibilities, you will work with cross-functional teams in developing strategies and business cases, structuring and implementing partnerships, and driving pivotal initiatives to grow our North Africa & Islands devices business.
On the channel programme side key responsibilities include yearly planning and deployment of all Apple branded and non-branded programmes. Post deployment; maintenance and performance of the programmes are focus areas where you work closely with the sales account executive on initiatives to ensure cases are met and programmes are delivering growth. Due to NA being an indirect Marcom market you will also manage channel marketing activities through the Value Added Distributor (VAD) with collaboration of Apple Marketing teams in London and NA sales team in Dubai ensuring campaigns are compliant and support the overall sales strategy. Advocacy is a key pilar of programmes therefore overseeing yearly, quarterly, and monthly planning and execution of training activities in conjunction with overall advocacy strategy is in scope of the role.
Business development responsibilities range from internal processes and business reviews to driving initiatives with external partners. Key deliverables internally include structuring and coordinating weekly team meetings along with ad hoc updates to leadership to quarterly business reviews and presentations to various leadership collaborators (Sales, GA, legal etc.). Reviewing quarterly baselines and yearly projections internally and externally with VAD are also key areas of focus. Other projects you will be working closely with various internal departments include, to name a few, geo expansion projects, NPI execution, Apple care development in the region, Affordability initiatives and key partner QBRs in all RTMs. In all of the above you will be working closely with the NA sales team and wider MEA and London Apple teams.
- Networking ability and collaborative working style.
- Self-starter with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, and strong executional track record.
- You will demonstrate a passion, energy and focus on developing and growing business programmes in your dedicated region.
- You are confident in making recommendations and are decisive when pursuing new courses of action.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You work creatively and independently to find ways to resolve complex challenges.
- Strong commercial competences and experience in working with distributors, retailers and resellers.
- Ability to be a quick learner and good at multi - tasking is essential.
- Excellent relationship building and maintaining skills are also important.
- Substantial trade/channel marketing experience as well as strong project management skills.
- Ensure yearly deployment target of new programmes is met and aligned with various Apple teams and partners.
- Secure prime real estate in multi-brand partner stores to deploy high quality Apple programmes.
- Manage Monobrand partner expansion from case to execution.
- Manage and develop in-store and online consumer experience within key partners.
- Mystery shopping and audit follow up and score reviews with VAD / channel partners as well developing action plans to improve consumer experience.
- Drive advocacy improvements across key channels and key countries in collaboration with sales and MEA advocacy lead.
- Responsible for the flawless execution of New Product Introductions (NPIs), maintenance & merchandising of Apple branded programmes.
- Experience in sales or business development with some hands-on knowledge of channel marketing programmes.
- Other meaningful experience will be considered.
- Supporting sales team in various briefs and planning projects (Quarterly Business Reviews, VAD briefs, country visits etc.) as well as their execution.
- Support sales on quarterly planning of BDF activities and their execution where applicable.
- Manage the process around BDF regarding PoA of activities where applicable.
- Support sales team in various business development initiatives (geo expansion, digital, affordability, carrier consumer offers, distribution, channel business development etc.)
- Support sales in Weekly/quarterly processes with VAD/key partners.
- Onboarding of new VAD joiners, plan and organise a schedule with internal collaborators through Partner onboarding academy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
University Degree Educated or equivalent experience.
Language skills: fluency in English.
Resources that matter. Because you do.
We know that everyone’s life experiences are different. That’s why we offer a wide range of benefits for all our full-time and part-time team members.
Health & Wellness
We offer flexible medical plans and a variety of physical and mental health resources so you can feel good in body and mind.
Taking time for yourself or your family shouldn’t be a challenge. Our team members get paid sick days, holidays and parental leave.
To make your professional growth even more valuable, we can help with tuition expenses for courses that support your career development at Apple.
With stock grants and discounts when purchasing Apple stock, every team member has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder.
All Apple Retail employees, including seasonal hires, receive discounts on Apple products and deals on third-party accessories and services.
Giving back is an important part of the Apple community. We’ll match your donations and contribute US$25 for every hour you volunteer.
Feel good in body and mind.
Everyone has different needs and schedules, and that’s why we offer medical plans that cover both physical and mental healthcare. In addition, employees have the option to access medical professionals from almost anywhere and get free confidential counselling — virtual or in person. You could also be eligible for help with fitness-related expenses.
Feel good financially.
At Apple, we make sure women earn the same as men performing similar work. As part of that effort, your salary history is history — we won’t ask. Every employee here also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock. To help you prepare for retirement, our pension can help you meet your savings goals. And to help you prepare for the unexpected, you’ll have the security of multiple forms of income protection.
JOB REF: 46265Location Dubai
Address Downtown Dubai
Industry Sales & Retail jobs,
Marketing & PR jobs,
Business Development & Commercial,
Technology & Data Analytics