Business Development Manager - #33209
King & Spalding
Business Development Manager
Senior EMEA Business Development Manager
WORK HOURS FOR POSITION:
The core work hours are Monday through Friday from 9:30a.m. to 5:30p.m, with a 1-hour lunch break. Due to the nature of the work associated with this position, it will require additional time beyond the standard 35-hour work week. This is an exempt position.
The Business Development and Marketing Manager’s role is to inform, develop and implement business development and marketing strategies designed to target the firmwide desired client base across key practices. The role will provide direct support to the Middle East offices including its cross-office and cross- disciplinary needs within the broader network. It will also provide ad hoc support to our EMEA offices. The position will be resident in Dubai and reports to the Senior Business Development Manager for EMEA. The individual is expected to:
- Identify and facilitate client targeting, including go-to-market strategies around agreed opportunities.
- Lead the production of dynamic and client-facing pitches, RFP’s and other marketing material as required building on the best of the firm’s capabilities and experience.
- Conduct strategic research on potential clients, competitors and practice developments.
- Identify business trends and opportunities and ensure that K&S is optimally positioned to grow market share.
- Manage and lead directory submissions and league rankings.
- Oversee the upkeep, compilation and correct categorisation of experience for the Middle East
- Work in collaboration with the events team to build successful events, including targeted client lists, event materials, participant tracking, on-site management and targeted follow- up activities.
- Identify and recommend conferences, speaking opportunities and networking opportunities that strengthen the firm’s market recognition.
- Build effective agendas for internal meetings and participate in knowledge sharing and best practice to best highlight the work and initiatives of the Middle East office.
- Collaborate with marketing personnel across the firm to drive industry and practice
initiatives on cross-selling and cross-practice initiatives, communications, and pursuits
- Act as a first point of call on transactional BD requests.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly experienced business development/marketing knowledge and skills gained in a professional services or consultancy environment; law firm experience considered a strong plus as well as a demonstrative track record in energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative commercially minded thinker with strong project management skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts, trends and good command of the subject matter.
- Flexible, proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in conjunction with the marketing team and fee earning stakeholders and business services
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills including the ability to communicate with credibility and diplomacy where required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong client service attitude.
- Able to integrate well into a geographically dispersed functional team.
- Highly developed Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and be proficient in contact relationship and experience management databases.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.