Business Development Manager - #33400
Every employee at Al Rostamani Group plays a role in making a real difference to the business and our customers. We care for our employees by offering them meaningful and purposeful work and an opportunity to grow, learn, contribute and succeed. Today, the Al Rostamani Group has come a long way since its birth in 1957. Our group has grown steadfastly with the guiding principles of Commitment, Care & Vision, alongside a strong sense of active involvement in the community. We are a well-diversified group, with a key presence in industries such as General Trading, Automobiles and Heavy Equipment, Travel, Foreign Exchange, Financial Services, Property Management, Construction, Infrastructure Development and Information Technology Services. Our Group employs approximately 2000 people from 41 different nationalities, which contributes to our multicultural and multi-national environment.
United Diesel is specialized in commercial vehicles and is the authorized distributor of Renault Trucks, Tata Motor, Buses and Trucks. It offers complete after Sales Services and provides innovative transport solutions.
Develop, maintain and strengthen business relationships with customers and companies in order to achieve sales targets and customer satisfaction standards for designated brand. Effectively manage principle’s relationship to maximize their support in achieving company goals and objectives.
- Prepare business development strategy identifying and mapping business strength, past trends and current market dynamics and customer needs in order to improve market share
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including growth areas, new customers, partnerships or new ways of reaching Commercial Vehicle markets in order to develop viable income stream
- Use sales forecasting or strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends
- Visit prospective customer at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages
- Compilation and interpretation of market intelligence data relating to competitors, market size, market share analysis
- Analyse and prepare Loss Sale report identifying the reason in order to take proactive actions for future deal
- Arrange demo truck for customers in order to influence their purchase decision as per agreement
- Develop and maintain relationships with principals, manufacturers and suppliers in order to maximize support
- Work closely with the principals (where applicable) and understand the brand positioning/image and implement the target plans within UD framework
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and/or requirement-specific solutions
- Collaborate with aftersales teams in order to prepare specific business proposal and to address customer requirements
- Develop excellent relationship with key customer by establishing a common set of goals and objectives linked to the account plan and focus on maximizing value, mutual ownership and execution
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements as per set guidelines, and secure the orders or renew the orders
- Open new customer’s account fulfilling necessary administrative requirements of company
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products
- Provide sales status reports (daily, weekly, monthly) as may be required by the Sales Manager to ensure necessary actions are taken
- Provide feedback to Sales Manager on market conditions, competitive products, policies, distribution activities, advertising initiatives, etc., that will aid decisions on sales strategies in his area
- Comply with the company QMS requirements
- Bachelor degree would be preferable
- Automobile or Mechanical engineer would be an added advantage
- Min 7 years selling Commercial Vehicles within the UAE
- Dubai and Northern Emirates experience would be given priority
Knowledge & Skills
- Product Knowledge: knowledge of buses and trucks. Proficient in preparing business proposal
- Sales and Marketing:- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Market Knowledge:- Knowledge of target customer, industry, territory, etc.
- Language:- Proficient in English language (Verbal and written), Arabic and Hindi would be an added advantage
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Persuasion:- Persuading others to change their minds or behaviour
- Active Listening:- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Negotiation:- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Social Perceptiveness:- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
At Al Rostamani Group, we seek talented people who work hard to achieve great things. We consider not only your skills and experience, but also your passion for the role, your desire to learn and how well you align with our core values of care, commitment and vision. If this position represents an opportunity you wish to pursue, we invite you to apply.