Business Development Manager - #43505
Date: 3 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
About Us LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500 experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our customers and communities About The Role You will be responsible for developing strategic sales plans for prospective clients that include identifying new revenue growth opportunities in the assigned territory. Developing creative demand generation strategies aimed at positioning Nexis Solutions as the superior source in meeting the potential buyers’ information needs Responsibilities:
- Sell the value of LexisNexis to corporate professionals within an assigned territory by articulating how our solutions meet their information needs. This will be accomplished through cold calling to secure first appointments, advancing appointments, closing appointments, consulting sessions and group presentations.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all Nexis Solutions products and competitive products to articulate the benefits and advantages of LexisNexis products, and handle customer concerns or objections
- Accurately forecast new business month by month, providing three-month forecast at any time.
- Prepare a sales plan to displace competitive products within prospective client base.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with new customers through regular client meetings, responding to clients’ requests and feedback in a timely manner.
- Attend LN-organised/sponsored customer events as required.
- Prioritise opportunities, ensuring that maximum customer facing time is achieved
- Effectively work alongside other stakeholder departments (marketing, product, customer success, segment teams) to ensure an integrated approach to customer care and to ensure market needs are being met.
- Proven track record of working successfully in a business development role in a challenging and commercially driven B2B sales environment
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Applied knowledge of best practice sales techniques, including negotiation, presentation skills and general communication
- Employs a client centric, profit driven approach
- Able to absorb and retain a large amount of product, system and market information
- Enhanced family support and Shared Parental Leave
- Competitive pension contributions
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme
- Optional Private Medical and Dental Insurance