Business Development Manager - EMEA - #43858
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About Digital Solutions
We provide engineering software tools and enterprise solutions for managing risk to improve safety and performance across industries, including the maritime, energy, and healthcare sectors. Research, development, implementations and partnerships with our customers have earned us the position as a trusted third-party vendor of software and services. We are accelerating the pace of transition toward the digitalization of systems and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to give customers the efficiency and flexibility of the cloud, including the power and insights from advanced analytics
About the role
Local Unit & Position Description
Product Line Renewables & Ocean Structures builds and distributes engineering software. Our mission is to “empower the world’s professionals to accelerate the energy transition, and sustainable use of the ocean”, and we aim “to be the most trusted engineering and digitalization partner, bringing value through our customer experience focus”. Our portfolio of software products includes a combination of successful industry favourites like Sesam, Bladed, and Nauticus Machinery, and new products aiming for hypergrowth WindFarmer and SolarFarmer.
Our Product Line is part of the DNV – Digital Solutions business area, built up of cross functional teams across a collaborative organization structure. The Renewables & Ocean Structures product line includes a product center where software is developed, a product management team, sales regions and a marketing and communications team.
This Business Development role will report to the Head of Sales, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) & Americas Regions as part of the commercial team.
The Business Development Manager will have responsibility for leading DNV’s client facing strategy within the EMEA market to roll out a multi-year roadmap for the expansion of our market footprint within the region.
The key focus of this role is to develop DNV Digital Solutions penetration and market position within the EMEA market hunting for new clients, the primary focus of which will be offshore wind. The Business Development Manager will lead by example and build strong relationships, both internally with the wider regional commercial team, along with global functions, including the Product Line & Product Centre, MarCom, Legal and Finance as well as interaction with clients at a senior, decision-maker level.
- Focus on hunting for new clients.
- Lead the on the ground, customer facing activities within EMEA, become that go to person for your clients.
- Attend client meetings, conferences and lobby stakeholders as required to get the job done.
- Increase the exposure and market knowledge of DNV Digital Solutions products from the Renewable and Ocean Structures product portfolio to the EMEA market, especially in the offshore wind sector.
- Implement cross DNV BA sales strategies to provide a compelling value proposition to our client.
- Own the end-to-end sales process and the associated sales target.
- Identify unmanaged strategic Key Accounts, onboard and actively manage these accounts during the early stages of their engagement with DNV Digital Solutions to build a solid relationship across the clients’ organisation, at decision maker, influencer and user levels.
- Develop long standing, resilient client relationships which lead to a win-win scenario for both them and DNV.
- Be an integral part of the wider EMEA Region commercial team – this is not a role for a lone wolf.
What we offer
There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth through our 70-20-10 philosophy (70% learning on the job, 20% coaching, and 10% training) and an individual career development plan.
Our working culture is based on respect for one another and the appreciation of work-life balance.
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues and meet demanding customers in an international environment
- Experience complex and exciting challenges
- We enable a continuous individual development
- Social benefits as per DNV location (local conditions apply)
- Industry experience in Business Development with demonstrable track record in securing new client, expanding the product market penetration, achieving / surpassing realistic personal sales targets.
- Be the tenacious hunter.
- Extrovert, happy to present to both small client groups but also to large audiences.
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships, both externally and internally.
- Have worked in a multi-cultural commercial environment.
- Courage to make qualified independent decisions and move forward.
- Solution oriented and highly proactive.
- Collaborative, both within the immediate team and the wider business.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire people, building strong relationships.
- Ability to travel to where the customer is.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Experience in Renewables and/or offshore energy industries within the EMEA market.
- A professional network within the offshore and / or wind sector; this may be from a substructure design / developer / OEM / software domain.
- Commercial experience within the technical software sector.