Cargo Control Officer - #43864
The Emirates Group
Job Purpose: Emirates SkyCargo is a world leader in Air Cargo industry connecting over 300 destinations globally.
As a Cargo Control Officer , you will Identify and Compute cargo capacity available in terms of weight, volume, and ULD (Unit Load Device) of every passenger flight, derived from passenger bookings, baggage trends, weather conditions en-route, aircraft allocation etc and adjust the capacity in Skycargo systems to support cargo reservations and sales teams across the network.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and Compute cargo capacity available in terms of weight, volume, and ULD (Unit Load Device) of every passenger flight, derived from passenger bookings, baggage trends, weather conditions en-route, aircraft allocation etc and adjust the capacity in Skycargo systems to support cargo reservations and sales teams across the network.
- Evaluate bookings against the agreed-upon KPI from the queue framework in accordance with the parameters governing operational and commercial conditions. Evaluate each booking against available capacity and revenue retention dynamically with direct or secondary options, finding the best suitable or alternate option by initiating negotiation with the origin station to provide a feasible solution.
- Compile data and statistics on various non-compliances in bookings, traffic flow, allotment utilization, service failures, etc., and promptly provide this data to the Cargo Revenue Optimization Manager to facilitate the re-evaluation of business plans and achieve goals. Ensure that the collected data is accurate, and any discrepancies are promptly resolved.
- Implement capacity management and revenue optimization techniques at the flight level for both passenger flights and freighters by determining the appropriate product/density mix, yield, pre-bookings/allotments, and distributing capacity to the network in an efficient and effective manner to meet departmental KPIs.
- Track the daily station allocation usage on flights/sectors that involve two or more stations. Non-utilisation of allotments must be acknowledged and resolved in order to prevent SkyCargo from losing out on revenue opportunities due to underutilized capacity and allotments by stations or freight forwarders.
- Identify optimal routing or gateway for shipments to offline points as directed by the Cargo Revenue Optimization Controller, taking into account trucking cost and frequency supplied by service providers, or use interline capacity offered by carriers as applicable. Monitor movement and ensure that the route chosen is the most cost-effective for that particular consignment, taking into account the freight rate charged.
- Analyze data to spot changes in booking trends, destination mix, or weight/volume variances, while maintaining consistent contact and coordination with outstations to acquire more information. This will ensure that any deviations are adequately addressed and that the available cargo capacity is fully utilized.
- Collaborate with Hub Operations to strategize and enhance the available capacity, while considering the mix of 6th and 4th freedom traffic and their respective destinations and densities. Once the best tonnage-to-revenue ratio has been identified and reservations have been prioritized based on product/revenue hierarchy, send flight release alerts to HUB operations. Verify that the flight has been optimized at the ULD level based on its destination after departure.
- As directed by the Cargo Revenue Optimization Manager, organize plans that must be implemented to overcome disruptions due to payload or operational restrictions with bookings and re-allocate the affected shipments in such a way that our delivery commitments are met in order to maintain customer confidence in Emirates.
- Collaborate with the stations and sales team to generate additional business, Including spot-selling to counterbalance the loss of demand caused by changes or cancellations om 6th freedom bookings at 24 hours prior p departure. In order to effectively utilize available cargo capacity beyond Dubai International Airport (DXB).
Qualifications & Experience: To be considered for the role, you must meet the below requirements:
- Bachelors degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- 3+ Years experience in air cargo industry or in a ground handling cargo section
- Experience in airline capacity & revenue management
- Thorough knowledge of cargo operations and cargo acceptance procedures
- Basic knowledge of load control, weight and balance of aircraft, flight operations activities
- High level of Computer Literacy/BI tools with practical knowledge and experience in airline operational systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Salary & Benefits: Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.