Cargo Equipment Coordinator - #43900
The Emirates Group
Job Purpose: As a Cargo Equipment Coordinator , you will monitor and ensure equipment used by dnata cargo are periodically inspected and functional allowing for uninterrupted operations to meet service and productivity targets. Ensure compliance to safety standards and safe practices by both dnata Cargo and sub contract staff within the premises and assist cargo management in achieving Occupational Health and Safety objectives and goals.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for undertaking regular inspection and audits of equipment, facilities, personnel compliance to standard operating procedures aimed at reducing unsafe practices, accidents and incidents involving people, equipment and property.
- Regular inspection of staff driving permits staff and equipment permits/licenses, coordinating training programmes for operating equipment such as forklifts, ETV, TV's, Truck Docks, Slave Pallet movers, Tractors and other related cargo handling equipment, liaising with administration, security and DCA on license issues with regard to equipment and staff.
- Implementation and Maintenance of the tag system for equipment and facility damage through periodic inspection and liaising with maintenance for appropriate inspection and repair. Periodic reporting to management on damages based on tag data and log maintained by operation staff.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations with Group and Dnata safety by assisting Duty Superintendents and Line Managers to identify the root causes. Assist in report preparation and maintenance of accident records as per company and certification standards (OHSAS 18001).
- Participate and organize response tests in coordination with Dnata/Group Safety, DCV/DAFZA/JAFZA, DCA in line with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 standards. Also coordinate with for the conduct of various drills and initiate actions based on the feedback reports to improve the emergency response system.
- Ensure regular inspection of equipment and recording of damages by operational staff prior to commencement and during closure of shift in the respective check sheets. Monitor the integrity of the equipment handover process and highlight areas of concern for appropriate action to Line Managers.
- Ensure through briefing sessions the need for staff to report damages and near misses in proper format. Analyse the near miss causes and initiate appropriate action through Line Managers to proactively reduce potential cases of accidents and incidents.
- Compile factual, quality and structured weekly reports on issues observed and encountered in operations. Proactively propose suggestions and recommendations to improve the overall system for managing equipment and facilities to meet Dnata Cargo's objectives and the requirement of certified management systems. Regularly provide feedback on all isues related to operational practices, safety and equipment training with the aim of improving standards and controls.
- Interact with Planning and Maintenance to provide inputs for new equipment, facility and layout changes to ensure that safe operational objectives are met while ensuring safety is not compromised. Provide inputs to Standards and Procedures Superintendent on changes required in standard operating procedures and work instructions to ensure the deployment of equipment and establishment of safe working practices.
- Remain up to date through research and active interaction with Maintenance, Planning, and Group safety, with industry wide best practices related to safety and procedural standards and provide input to management on improvements which are needed.
Qualifications & Experience: To be considered for the role, you must meet the below requirements:
- Bachelors degree in ENgineering / Technical discipline
- 3+ years experience in Logistics / Cargo
- Must possess AutoCad experience
- Experience in Air/Cargo Terminals, GHA with exposure of working in a large warehouse Operations
- Knowledge in performing audits, inspections of equipment and facilities, structured report preparation would be an advantage.
- Good report writing skills.
Salary & Benefits: Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.