Category D&S Planning Manager - #33303
Nestle Operational Services Worldwide SA
Category D&S Planning Manager
Location: UAE Head Office
Co-pilot for the business unit, whilst also partnering with the wider Supply Chain and Technical teams to lead on availability of all materials, implementing cost saving initiatives, engage and energize the team, optimize finished goods, define strategic & tactical plans, and working closely with our co-manufacturers across MENA geographies to ensure that standards are met.
A DAY IN THE LIFE …
The category demand and supply manager:
- Co-Pilot Job within the Business Unit managing the interface between the Business and the corporate supply chain functions in the Head Office, Supply Chain and factory teams in MENA Geographies, and EMENA Above the Market Planning teams.
- Influence, lead, and coordinate with the larger supply chain team: Logistics, Procurement, Inter Market Supply, and Order to cash to establish a continuous improvement mindset
- Lead Total Delivered Cost initiatives within the Business Unit in alignment with the lean value stream manager to identify, activate and lead projects with substantial savings to positively contribute to the Confectionery bottom line.
- Lead Demand and Supply Planning Team across the MENA geographies including the interaction with Nestle’s manufacturing units, alongside Nestle’s co-manufacturers across MENA geographies.
- Ensure fresh & on time supply to achieve desired customer service level for domestic & Inter-market supply countries, while optimizing cost across value chain.
- Strategically look into optimizing finished goods supply across geographies, and develop contingency plans based on business priorities, criticality, and risk assessment to ensure business continuity
- Strategically define capacities and sourcing strategies by coordinating with the Above the Market Planning teams and technical teams to ensure that Business growth are being addressed correctly through CAPEX project
- Tactically define inventory strategy taking into considerations category dynamics in co-ordination with full value chain to optimize resources across value chain and reduce the waste
- Driving efficiency on new launch/ promotional planning by engaging with brand and CCSD teams on implementing tools and processes to strengthen the MBP Cycle.
- Continuous monitoring of KPIs evolution, with the aim of improving Service level & Accuracy through S&OP process & Statistical Forecasting across MENA geographies while reducing the cost
- Drive tools and knowledge, with the team, to analyze and enable data driven decision making for business efficiencies.
- Enabling better service levels for exports outside MENA by integrating in local planning process, to ensure our factories are considered and maintains to be a highly reliant supplier.
- Participating in defining operational master plan for Business & DSP, and leading one of the drivers across categories/countries in line with corporate strategies and priorities
What will make you successful…
- Minimum of 8 years of D&SP experience, preferably within a consumer’s goods company.
- Understanding of the whole E2E Supply Chain process: from production to the customers shelves. (Preferred: Understanding the MENA transportation network and knowledge on the triangular scenarios.)
- Strong working knowledge of SAP R/3 and APO incl IMM and MRP. SAP knowledge mainly to make processes continuously efficient. This will enable efficient management of the team.
- Competency to explain the purpose/benefits and examples of NCE advanced practices.
- Knowledge and/or experience in sales, distribution center operations, customer service, purchasing and inventory control.