Chef de Partie at InterContinental Fujairah Resort - #33453
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day
As Chef de Partie, you will assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to direct the operation of the Outlet kitchen, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to manage all functions of the Outlet Kitchen operations to achieve optimum departmental profit
- Assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to manage all functions of the Outlet Kitchen operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation
- Assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to oversee special events and special food promotions
- Assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to issues recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- Assist Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to develop new dishes and products
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a chef or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience.
- Vast knowledge of international culinary practices, menus and offerings
- High level of written and verbal Business English
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey? As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.