Chief Operating Officer - #33384
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of NMC, ensuring that all departments and functions are working together efficiently to deliver high-quality patient care. The COO will work closely with the CEO and other members of the leadership team to develop and implement strategic plans, policies, and procedures that support the organization's mission and goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to NMC healthcare operations, including clinical and non-clinical departments, to ensure the highest level of patient care, quality, and safety.
- Develop and implement operational plans, policies, and procedures that support NMC’s mission and goals, and ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Oversee the management of hospital operations, including staffing, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Manage and monitor NMC’s financial performance, working with the CFO to develop and manage the annual budget, track financial metrics, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with the CEO and other members of the leadership team to develop and implement strategic plans that support the NMC’s growth and sustainability.
- Collaborate with the Business Unit leadership team to identify and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and service lines.
- Ensure that the organization is meeting regulatory and accreditation standards, and maintain compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and operational excellence throughout NMC.
- Analyze financial and operational data to inform decision-making and drive performance improvements at Business Unit and Overall group level.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including patients, physicians, staff, and community partners, to promote collaboration and engagement.
- Ensure that NMC is utilizing technology and data analytics to improve operations, patient outcomes, and financial performance.
- Work closely with the Chief Medical Officer to ensure that clinical operations are aligned with best practices and evidence-based medicine.
- Lead change management initiatives, ensuring that staff are engaged and informed throughout the process.
Education and Certification
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of healthcare operations, including clinical and non-clinical functions, financial management, and regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing operational plans, policies, and procedures that support organizational goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement effective solutions.
- Experience with managing a large, complex organization and leading change initiatives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and needs in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Highly organized and goal oriented
- High proficiency with MS Office, including PowerPoint
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast paced, multi-cultural, multi-stakeholder large corporate environment Healthcare industry experience is essential
- At least 15 years of senior experience in complex multi-site healthcare operations, with at least 10 years in a senior leadership role.