Cigar Sommelier at Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre - #33248
Cigar Sommelier at Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre
The Cigar Sommelier at Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre directs and organizes the activities of the cigar lounge to maintain high standards of the cigar & beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and ensuring guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
As a Cigar Sommelier at Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre, you are responsible to ensure that the cigar list is up to date at all times with correct vintages. Able to pair and suggest cigars/wines/spirits that will complement the menu items to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Cigar, Food and Beverage menu that is served in the Cigar lounge and all Waldorf Astoria DIFC venues.
- Create and develope a PAR stock based on sustainable cigar program and guest preferences building a cigar aficionado database
- Create a relationship with suppliers (cigars/beverage) to create theme nights & promotions based on cigars.
- Assist in maintaining and improving the Cigar lounge standards of service in selling and serving the Cigars.
- Ensure the cigar list is up to date at all times with correct vintages. Able to pair and suggest cigars/wines/spirits that will complement the menu items.
- Assist guests with their cigar selection and upsell with wines/spirits.
- To actively train staff in cigar knowledge, upselling and pairing.
- Pass information which is beneficial to the team so that the ‘Guest Profile' can be maintained in relation to favourite wines/spirits and cigar vintages.
What are we looking for?
A Cigar Sommelier at Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience and qualifications as Sommelier
- Good knowledge of Cigars
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure remaining calm, professional, efficient, detail-oriented, attentive and patient.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit and the right attitude.
- Fluent written and oral communication in English.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!