Commis 1 - FIVE LUXE JBR - #33151
FIVE Hotels and Resorts
An Exhilarating Opportunity
Are You Ready for a Daring Challenge with The World’s Hottest Luxury Hotel Group? Disruptive by Design, FIVE Hotels and Resorts is Redefining ‘FIVE-Star’ Hospitality and Setting the Gold Standard across the Industry.
Join the FIVE Tribe - and Get Ready to Make Waves.
A Driven Self-Starter, you have Excellent Communication, Leadership and Organisational Skills. As an Astute Creative and Critical Thinker, you can Conceptualise and Implement Innovative Solutions in a Fast-Paced Environment. Not even the Smallest Detail Escapes Your Keen Eye and You Execute Tasks Proactively with Precision and Finesse. A ‘Can-Do!’ Attitude Coupled with An Inherent Flair for Taking Ownership Makes You a Highly Motivated Go-Getter.
Your Outgoing and Approachable Nature enables you to Seamlessly Connect with other ‘FIVERs’ and key Stakeholders, ensuring that Their and Your Journey at FIVE is nothing short of Sensational. Joining our Culinary Team as a Commis 1 will Empower you to deliver Exceptional Experiences across our award-winning Lifestyle Destinations. Jump on Board and Unlock your Potential in a Buzzing Environment that will take your Career to New Heights!
What We’re Looking For
- A proven track record as a Commis 1 or similar role, in a Luxury Hotel environment or Fine Dining Restaurant, delivering Sensational Experiences synonymous with FIVE's Award-Winning Service Quality.
- A Culinary Degree or equivalent qualification is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Outstanding Pre-Opening experience in setting up dynamic, seamless and fast-paced Kitchen Operations is advantageous.
- Exceptional Time Management and Multi-Tasking skills, and a Positive ‘Can-Do!’ attitude, even under pressure.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills to engage effectively with fellow ‘FIVERs’ and other stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) principles and practices, and a thorough understanding of Health and Safety Regulations, Food Hygiene Standards, and Best Practices in Restaurant Operations.
- Oversees the Preparation and Execution of a creative ‘FIVE-Styled’ menu, and ensures each dish is Hand-Crafted to Perfection.
- Fosters Collaboration amongst the Culinary Team to deliver a sensational Dining Experience that is coordinated seamlessly, ensuring Timely Service to our Guests.
- Upholds FIVE’s stellar reputation by meticulously adhering to Established Guidelines for portion sizes, presentation, and food quality.
- Contributes Proactively to the Development of new, curated dishes, menu items, and avant-garde food presentation techniques.
- Takes charge of ingredient Procurement and Handling, ensuring that only Fresh, Bespoke Ingredients are used in FIVE’s stunning Culinary Creations.
- Maintains a flawlessly Hygienic and Organised Kitchen Environment, strictly following Food Safety and Sanitation Standards, in keeping with our Industry-Leading Practices.
- Commits to Continuous Professional Development through attendance at Training Sessions and Workshops, staying ahead of the curve and knowledgeable about Global Trends.
- Champions the Team's Enthusiasm, Energy and Efficiency during bustling Service Periods and Special Events, embracing a Next-Level standard of Professionalism at all times.
‘FIVERs’ are Cultured yet Chic, Confident yet Self-Effacing, and Work Hard to Play even Harder. As a FIVE Tribe Member, you'll Personify the distinct ‘Vibe at FIVE’ and apply it to create Insta-Perfect Experiences for our Guests that keeps them Coming Back for More. If you Dream of being surrounded by Like-Minded Individuals who share your Passion for Delivering Unforgettable Moments that last a Lifetime – then Look No Further and Unleash your Next-Level Potential.
Sustainable Indulgence at FIVE
FIVE is a leader in Sustainable Luxury Living and Hospitality, with its UAE-based Destinations being the first and only Hotels in the UAE to obtain the International Renewable Energy Certificates (I-REC) for achieving 100% renewable electricity for 2022. The company's Science-Meets-Styled ‘Sustainable Indulgence’ Ethos has led to a completely LEED Platinum-certified operational hospitality portfolio. FIVE Palm Jumeirah and FIVE Jumeirah Village are also 3 Star SPIRE Rated Smart Buildings. FIVE Zurich, the only LEED Platinum hotel in Switzerland, achieved an impressive 84 Points under LEED v4's BD+C and ID+C rating system, making it one of just five hotels worldwide to receive Platinum Certification. FIVE illustrates its Commitment to making ‘Sustainability without Compromise on Luxury Living’ central to its Future Vision, with FIVE LUXE already on track to acquire LEED Platinum (BD+C). These Achievements highlight FIVE’s Comprehensive and Committed Scope of Sustainability Strategy permeating Operations, Governance and Community.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The FIVE Tribe represents over 70 nationalities across its over 1500 ‘FIVERs.’ FIVE is Committed to Hiring a Diverse and Inclusive Workforce as an Equal-Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, FIVE does not discriminate based on disability, race, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, nationality, marital status, or any other basis protected under national or local laws. Ranked 10th on the Great Workplaces in the UAE 2023 list of Large Organisations, the FIVE Tribe is more than a group of people working together – it is a Family bonded by common Values and Goals, Celebrating People, Culture and Diversity.
About FIVE Hotels and Resorts
FIVE Hotels and Resorts prides itself on being Disruptively Different and Daringly Unique. Our Growing Portfolio of Lavish Destinations are the epitome of Glamour and Experiential Luxury, and currently consists of FIVE Palm Jumeirah, FIVE Jumeirah Village, FIVE Zurich and FIVE LUXE. Joining our Exceptional FIVE Tribe means you are part of a team who Breaks Boundaries and offers Unbeatable Next-Level Experiences at FIVE’s award-winning Hotels, Dining Concepts, and 360-Degree Immersive Nightlife Venues. As part of the Accomplished FIVE Tribe, you will be part of a group of High Achievers who Fearlessly Challenge Conventions on a Global Stage.
Find out more here: fivehotelsandresorts.com
Work Experience1-3 years
CountryUnited Arab Emirates