Construction Manager - Water - #43472
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 112 offices in 47 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to work within our Infrastructure Division. Working within our award winning team will give you the opportunity to work with one of Turner & Townsend’s key clients. You will get the opportunity to meet with clients to discuss their projects and delivery thereof and advise them on realistic timeframes.
Objective of the role:
- Reporting to an experienced client side project manager who will have overall responsibility for the project
- Acting as the client’s on-site agent empowered to assess and make decisions on behalf of our client for the safe and timely execution of the project
- Ensuring continuous and effective interaction and collaboration between delivery stakeholders, such as Design Consultant, Resident Engineers, Contractor, Procurement Department, Testing & Commissioning Department, Operations Department, etc., to meet project expectations
- Monitoring consultant site supervisor and contractor to ensure they are continuously satisfying their contractual obligations to deliver expected outcomes
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with delivery stakeholders to identify and manage all issues in a timely manner
- Coordinating periodic Risk Workshops with all delivery stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Providing regular performance updates to the project manager and assisting in preparing timely, accurate and meaningful reports to management
- Working collaboratively with HSE Department to always ensure contractor is meeting its obligations as the ‘Controlling Authority’ of all construction sites by demonstrating continuous safe working processes, behaviours, and full transparency
- Monitoring full compliance of the dangerous work permit system to always protect people and property while also avoiding unnecessary delays
- Ensuring quality control and assurance assets at all times including shipping, handling, storage, installation and start-up operation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in construction management
- Evidence of collaborative working across multiple organisations and functions
- Very good organisation, supervisory and personnel administrative capabilities
- Knowledgeable of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, testing & commissioning and handover processes, ideally within utility network sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have UAE construction experience
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.