Demi Chef De Partie, Club Lounge - #25039
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Demi Chef de Partie will carry out and partially supervise operational tasks and duties in the kitchen under the guidance of the respective Senior Chefs, with the overall objective to prepare food in a timely manner as per quality and food safety standard.
- Assist the Chef de Partie in his daily duties and oversee his responsibilities during absence.
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in the production of dishes.
- Ensure that all mise en place is prepared to the highest quality as per standards set by the superiors.
- Ensure that all plating guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image.
- Ensure the pickup of requisition is in time and organized properly in its corresponding storage area.
- Check the inventory of the daily ingredients before each shift to assure correct amounts are stocked up to avoid running out of stock during service periods.
- Store ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved and labelled according to standard.
- Ensure that working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area are cleaned and sanitized before and after usage as per food safety standard.
- Adhere to strict personal hygiene standards at all times.
- Effectively support, control cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchens and stewarding area at all times and support daily checks done by supervisors.
- Ensure to follow through the food safety safe and sound standard set by Mandarin Oriental Hotel and in accordance’s the UAE’s Municipality rules and regulation.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Work as part of the team and assist other colleagues if required.
- Support other outlets and banquet if requested by superiors.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the superiors.
- Solid experience in preparing, holding and cooking of food.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 kg without assistance.
- Proven ability to successfully support the management to motivate and lead a diverse team.
- Knowledge of the kitchen tools and utensils in order to perform the specific tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of food hygiene.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
Advertised: 14 Sep 2023 Arabian Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Sep 2023 Arabian Standard Time