Deputy HR Manager - #43605
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Deputy HR Manager
- Assist the HR Manager in determining and delivering on HR’s strategic priorities.
- Partner with key managers to establish current and future workforce plans, including skills gaps and plan ways in which these gaps can be addressed through succession planning, secondments, promotions, transfers or via recruitment.
- Provide expert employment law advice and guidance for specified E&C business groups by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and custom and practices.
- Support line managers with all casework issues of employees. This includes formal and informal disciplinary and grievance cases, long-term and intermittent sickness absence management and any welfare concerns raised by employees or their managers.
- Maintain (and develop where necessary) a comprehensive range of people policies that make Petrofac a desirable place to work, are aligned with our strategic priorities and principles, and are kept up to date in line with current legal guidance and best practice.
- Act as the first point of contact on HR queries of substance (as opposed to process), providing rapid responses which are user-friendly, professionally correct and clearly articulated. Where an immediate response cannot be given, ensure that the enquirer is aware that their query is being addressed and when it will be resolved.
- Champion and project manage operational and strategic HR initiatives and projects while building trust with key business stakeholders and fostering meaningful collaboration within the wider HR team (including HR business partners, HR shared services and Centers of Excellences).
- Provide thought leadership on enhancing HR value proposition for key business stakeholders.
- Partner with HR COEs to streamline and enhance offerings for the business that are practical and scalable.
- Supervise, guide and counsel more junior HR Advisors within the team.
- Deputise for HR Manager as and when required.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
The postholder is expected to adhere to the 9 Life-Saving Rules and the Petrofac Values and Behaviours.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Graduate degree (HR degree preferred but not a must).
- Experience in a similarly complex matrix organization.
- Experience of the energy services / O&G sector would be preferable.
- Delivering functional HR expertise across the full generalist remit including recruitment, performance management, reward, organizational development, change management, employee engagement, employee relations and L&D.
- Provision of first-class HR transactional services which are highly regarded by end users.
- Experience of supervising other HR Advisors would be an advantage.
- Up to date working knowledge of UAE employment legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills based on trust and integrity.
- Ability to retain professional boundaries whilst working closely and effectively with a highly skilled and multicultural workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of, and the ability to apply, the principles of confidentiality.
- Excellent HRIS and analytical skills, including the development of HR databases, dashboards etc. through MS Office applications such as, Excel Power BI and PowerPoint.
- Ability to focus on the big picture while having an eye for details.
- Problem solving mindset with an ability to evaluate, propose and deliver practical solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload.