Document Controller - GHD - #43341
About the company
With more than 10000 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD people share a passion for exceeding the expectations of our clients and giving to their success.
The Document Controller is responsible for receipt, distribution, scanning, indexing, and logging Program information to ensure data integrity and consistency across all systems and departments. They ensure document processing adheres to document control procedures. In addition, they file, archives, retrieves, and keeps track of documentation electronically and in hard copies assesses the document processing activities and advises management about any outstanding issues or deviations from the document control procedures.
You will have an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to prioritise your day while working on multiple tasks. Ideally you will also be self-motivated and hardworking and enjoy working in a team while supporting them to deliver their outcomes. You approach each work day by assessing what needs to get done and are ever-aware of staying on target with your time. You, in a word, are Organized. When you get in focused work mode, there's no stopping you. You are analytical and clear-headed and feel a sense of accomplishment knowing it went as it should.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Initiate and be responsible for the documentation protocol at project start in consultation with the Project Manager/ Resident Engineer.
- Prepares correspondence for the project & construction management team including flow-charts, draft letters, minuting meetings etc.
- Leads the tracking, and monitoring of documents through the use of standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, produces logs, transmittals, and other reports as required.
- Processes one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines. Ensures that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used; how many and which signatures will be required for certain approvals, etc.) are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project.
- Receives, tracks, and monitors documents using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produces logs, transmittals, and other reports as the need arises. Enters data and produces reports using other standard office automation or department-specific computer applications
- Maintains an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements. Expedites review, signature approval, and release of supplier and internally produced documents.
- May perform some clerical duties such as light typing, filing, answering phones, messenger service, etc.
- Assists junior document control staff to ensure effective implementation of project-specific procedures.
- Scan, index and log incoming and outgoing documents. Distribute, scan, index, file, and archive documents such as material submittals, drawings, financial contracts, and financial documents.
- Contributes as a great teammate who is deadline driven and works well with others.
- Assist other staff to familiarize themselves with the existing DC system.
- Performs other duties commensurate with functional level and responsibilities.
- Ensure that reference materials (codes and contract documents) are accurately maintained in the Technical Library.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Skills and experience required
- A diploma (or equivalent) and typically 8+ years of relevant document control work experience.
- Your digital literacy should include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and online document management systems.
- Knowledge in ISO and audit certifications.
- Excellent Aconex experience.
Personal competencies required
- Pro-active in resolving issues.
- Efficient and enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills in English - written and oral is crucial, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project personnel and management.
- You are highly motivated and eager to learn new systems in a fast-paced environment, improving document control procedures and processes through the adoption of digital tools such as ProCore, Aconex, Synchro, BIM360 etc.
- Organised and resourceful, with the ability to manage the control of documentation across several projects, at a time.
Let's put your ideas into action. If you see the world differently and are driven by a desire to make real change, together we'll make it happen. Everybody at GHD has their own commitment, and we’re here to support yours. Your success is our success, and together we'll make a lasting impact on our world for generations to come. Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don’t just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day. That’s why we pledge to empower our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today. See where your commitment could take you.
That’s the #PowerOfCommitment Who we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It’s what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity’s most urgent needs: to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come.
More jobs on https://www.qureos.com/