Drilling Supervisor - #33633
PWS Technical Services
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Ground Engineering
Our client is a global specialist drilling contractor, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across the geotechnical and ground engineering sectors. Their offering includes specialist jet grouting, underpinning, ground support and improvement, soil and land stabilisation, compensation grouting, permeation grouting, geopolymer injection, and drilling & grouting services provided to a wide variety of clients, sectors and markets. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, they can deliver a full range of techniques bespoke to any client requirement or client specification.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long term growth across the UAE, our client is now seeking to appoint a Drilling Supervisor to lead teams in the delivery of complex works in challenging and often inhospitable environments and conditions. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of leading geopolymer injection sites, projects and teams, as well possessing a sound knowledge of drilling / drill rigs and associated plant such as pumps and pumping equipment etc.
- Comply to all company and site specific HSEQ policies at all times
- Responsible for rigs, plant, resources, materials and site based operatives and sub-contractors
- Attend to and successfully carry out all assigned duties to deliver projects safely and timely
- Work with Project Managers and Engineers to ensure all works are delivered efficiently, whilst maintaining high quality standards at all times
- Produce site records including, but not limited to; daily drilling logs, pre-start rig checks, RAMS, progress reports and site diaries
- A demonstrable understanding of various project or site based techniques, with the ability to use and operate complex drilling and pumping rigs, plant and associated machinery
- Reading and understanding of site or project specifications and drawings
- A good understanding of adopting numerous techniques pertaining to varied ground and site conditions
- A full awareness of general project and contract documents
- An ability to produce reports that are easily digested based on gathering technical information from site
- Highly organised and effective, with the ability to plan and schedule your own workload, as well as that of your teams, with the minimum of supervision
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a technical background and demonstrable hands on experience in the drilling sector. A highly attractive basic salary (permanent) plus overtime, site bonuses and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company’s market leading status in this sector, and their dedication to continued and ambitious growth.