Duty Manager - #25481
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the sales, the organisation and the quality of the services delivered to the customer for the Front Office department.
- Handle different guest challenges and situations and be part of the first response emergency team.
- Attend VIP’s arrival.
- Receive and deal with verbal complaints; forward to Front Office Manager when necessary.
- Communicates directly with Sales, Accounting, Housekeeping and Reservation and provides them with all relevant/ needed information.
- Ensuring the Telephone Centre is working properly at all times and minimizing the number of abandoned calls
- Maintain and improve quality service in Front Office.
- Be aware of room status and also the competitors’ status.
- Optimise the occupancy rate and average room rate.
- Check the management of “no-show”
- Define the organization of work to be performed by the team members, and supervise, co-ordinate and plan daily activities of personnel
- Ensure that all entries in the logbook are read and followed up if necessary.
- Ensure that there are ample stocks of all items needed and initiate requisition for supplies running low.
- Make sure that an ACCOR and Brand policies are respected
- Excellent knowledge of the software operation and usage.
- Check credit limit report and follow up accordingly.
- Check discrepancy report and action accordingly.
- Aware about local requirements (follow up and responsible for DTCM and Police requirements).
- Train junior team member and co-ordinate the monthly on the job training for the whole department
Your experience and skills include:
- Guest focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
- Prior experience working with Opera or a related system
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and self-confident
- Good sales skills
- Good presentation
- A thorough and organised approach