Duty Manager (Operations & Maintenance) - BHS - #25521
Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Our software solutions and customer services along with the complete product life cycle, complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide, major customers include renowned airports around the globe.
Be part of our team as Duty Manager in Dubai, UAE.
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead technical and operational execution of the Airport Baggage Handling System (BHS) in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Key responsible personnel during the shift ensuring proper reporting (both internal and external) and technical control/supervision of the overall system/plant.
- Overall supervise the entire shift, reporting (both internal and external) and technical control of the system/plant.
- Ensure all key performance indicators (KPIs) are being adhered to and achieved.
- Effective management and supervision of the BHS control room and all other related activities to ensure smooth daily operations of the system, thereby fulfilling the agreed contractual KPIs and departmental measures as deemed required.
- Control and monitor the BHIS/SCADA Engineers and material flow within the system via SCADA and VDS.
- Manage permit-to-work process and coordination of all stakeholders entering/working within the operational area.
- Assure effective interface management, communication, coordination and escalation by adherence to the respective processes towards management and all other relevant stakeholders (both internal & and external).
- Perform analysis on issues raised by the operations team and suggest adequate solutions to resolve the issue permanently in collaboration with the support departments.
- Ensure proper handover of shifts with all information/ongoing works passed on to the next shift so that follow-up can be made.
- Responsible for full compliance with any QHSE standard as per the defined standard.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or relevant.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Supervisor/Team Leader in Baggage Handling Systems.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience leading and managing a big technical team at the site.
- Strong hands-on knowledge with experience in operations, maintenance, and technical troubleshooting of automated systems.
- Good understanding of Automation systems required.
- Strong management, leadership and communication skills with airport stakeholders.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing the Operational Processes, Documentation, and Manuals for improvements and enhancement.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, and good to have worked in a multicultural environment.
www.siemens.com/logistics if you would like to learn more about Siemens Logistics before submitting your application.