Elementary Teacher - #43420
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- Major: Education
Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification
Minimum 1- 2 years Teaching experience
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 26,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration, our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenges and opportunities that we have to offer.Job Description:
Aldar Education is currently seeking an outstanding Elementary Teacher for Al Rayana Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the 2024/2025 academic year.
Al Rayana Charter School is an American curriculum, mixed-gender primary school located in a state-of-the-art building in the heart of Abu Dhabi. We strive for excellence in all that we do through our high expectations and commitment to ensuring that we provide high-quality learning opportunities for our students. Our vision is to create “A sustainable and innovative learning community, where we nurture our learners through Collaboration, Leadership, and Creativity”. This vision is supported by the Al Rayana Learner and Teacher DNA which is at the heart of the school community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet the requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
Teaching and learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing, and presenting sessions that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning, and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meet with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational psychologists, if required.
- Ensure the Learner's DNA language and attitudes are being embedded throughout the curriculum
Assessment and data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development using Target Tracker.
- Using assessment data to influence further planning, provision, and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings
Behavior management and duties:
- Follow the school’s behavior policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches that are appropriate to students’ needs to inspire, motivate, and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary, within the school’s behavioral policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behaviour, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policies
Wider professional responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources, and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organizing and taking part in school events, outings, and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers about students’ achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Run a weekly ECA each term.