Engineering Attendant - #33569
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L’Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
- Reports to the PPM Engineer regarding daily work progress.
- Carry out assignments on the Preventive Maintenance Programme for the guest rooms.
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public area.
- Report any severe damages to the attention of his superior.
- Repair of minor fixtures fittings like doors, door lock, latches, windows etc. in the guest room.
- Carry out general plumbing maintenance and repair works.
- Bathroom grouting and silicon filling in the guest rooms.
- Carry out minor painting and polishing touch to the walls, furniture in the guest rooms.
- Servicing the electrical DB in the room, changing fused bulbs and cleaning the lamps.
- Clean the FCU filters, and service the unit if necessary.
- Carry out all the work mentioned in preventive maintenance check list.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
- Assist other engineering personnel in regards to preventive maintenance when required.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Must have the ability to do the multi-task.
- Ensure that all jobs undertaken are finished with a high quality and with the desired finish that is required
- Ensure that all materials required to perform the job are available before commencing work
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Maintain the documents for completed rooms and task, should be readily available whenever asked by his superior.
- To observe cleanliness at the place of work and on the job after completion of work.
- To ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas.
- Proficient in all manner of masonry refurbishment, and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set.
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- operations and able to translate them
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
At least 5 years’ experience as a civil technician, preferably in the hospitality Industry and/or in an engineering environment