Engineering Supervisor - #33571
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L’Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following: -
- Reports daily work progress to the PPM/Duty Engineer
- Attains all refrigeration and A/C trouble reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority.
- Works closely with A/C & Refrigeration Technician/Foreman and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and follows maintenance programs as assigned
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his direct and indirect supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:-
- Able to read Building, Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical drawings.
- Able to find faults and repair air-conditioning, refrigeration and building control systems.
- Good electrical and control knowledge.
- Good Knowledge of BMS systems.
- Experience of reciprocating Chillers and Air handling Units and cold rooms.
- Efficient at planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes
- Flexible team player – should be capable to work on own initiatives
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals as required
- Makes daily inspection tours to check all refrigeration equipment functioning properly.
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule programmes
- Daily HVAC-R log sheets to be filled and all required parameters to be recorded; including essential Kitchen Extraction systems
- Daily maintenance of swimming Pool heat/cool pumps
- Daily maintenance of Essential kitchen Refrigeration equipment; including cold rooms
- Attend to PPM of essential fire / smoke extraction systems
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor
- Ensures all necessary tools are in good working condition; keep their working place neat and clean.
- Understand the Raffles Brand and operating standards.
- Participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to do Gas and Arch welding
- Good English command
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
Minimum 5 years air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects. Luxury Hotels – Hospitals experience preferred.