Executive Sous Chef - #43889
NH Collection Dubai The Palm: Eclectic Elegance on Palm Jumeirah
Feel the ambiance at our exciting new hotel on Palm Jumeirah. Sitting on the exclusive West Beach, NH Collection Dubai The Palm gives easy access to the nearby Nakheel Mall.
Our new property is brimming with energy and chic touches of authentic local character. The new 14-storey property is offering 227 hotel guest rooms and suites and 306 serviced apartments.
Guests are just a short journey from all Dubai’s top attractions, including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, and Dubai Marina. Our sunset-facing rooftop infinity pool and its elegant bar and lounge is the perfect place to feel relaxed between exploring. Those seeking a more stimulating atmosphere can indulge at the hotel’s lively sports bar, set to be one of the new ‘go to’ spots in Dubai.
To ensure that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef in an accurate and punctual manner.
- To develop menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To maximize team members productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Adhere to food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the presentation guidelines.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Take responsibility for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
- 2 Years similar role in a busy culinary operation in a Hotel
- Able to manage and lead a diverse team
- Have a Strong set of Culinary Skills
- Basic understanding of the Financial Aspects of the Operation
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene
- Drive & Determination
- Adaptable & a Team Player