Facility Manager - #33577
NH Collection Dubai The Palm: Eclectic Elegance on Palm Jumeirah
Feel the ambiance at our exciting new hotel on Palm Jumeirah. Sitting on the exclusive West Beach, NH Collection Dubai The Palm gives easy access to the nearby Nakheel Mall and the largest fountain in the world, the captivating Palm Fountain at The Pointe.
Our new property is brimming with energy and chic touches of authentic local character. The new 14-storey property is offering 227 hotel guest rooms and suites and 306 serviced apartments.
Guests are just a short journey from all Dubai’s top attractions, including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, and Dubai Marina. Our sunset-facing rooftop infinity pool and its elegant bar and lounge is the perfect place to feel relaxed between exploring. Those seeking a more stimulating atmosphere can indulge at the hotel’s lively sports bar, set to be one of the new ‘go to’ spots in Dubai.
Planning and Organising:
- Participate in preparation of the hotel’s strategic and marketing plans. Prepare the Residence budget.
- Plan and implement training plans for all Residences employees. Conduct regular team member training, and monitor its success. This will involve training in both IT systems and guest-service procedures.
- Maintain full knowledge of the Property Management and Guest Service Centre software and computer systems.
- Supervise the functioning of all departmental employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Take personal responsibility for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction.
- Remain accountable for all elements of the department operations.
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures are being adhered to, by training all team members and monitoring their performance. Continue to capture best current practice in new LSOPs relating to front office operation.
- Drive the implementation of all sales and promotional programmes of the hotel. Take personal responsibility for driving Upselling within the property.
- Monitor daily arrivals and action as appropriate for any VIP or special request. Liaise with housekeeping, room service and guest relations where necessary to complete the action.
- Develop and maintain a motivational working environment within the department.
- Provide coaching and counselling, support and guidance to the team members as required.
- Ensure team members are up-to-date with current information and data of the hotel, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
- Conduct regular room inspections to ensure quality standards, complete necessary Engineering Job Order or housekeeping cleaning requests and monitor the results.
- To champion Global Hotel Alliance and Frequent flyer programs for the hotel.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Liaise with P&C in all employee matters including interviewing and hiring, employee orientation, performance appraisals, coaching, counselling, and dismissal if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Control payroll and business expenses of the department.
- Liaise with the Accounting department for accounting and auditing related front office procedures, reports and operational problems and payments of commission.
- Assist the Accounting department in collecting outstanding, especially bills from tour leaders, local representatives of operators and local agencies.
- Foster good relationship with all business partners.
- Attend hotel events, daily briefings and training to improve professional skills.
- Ensure timely follow up of all guest requests and reverts to guests or hotel as appropriates.
- Take ownership of guest’s requests and needs and ensures immediate action as appropriate.
- Keep superiors updated of all mishaps, unusual cases and guest feedbacks.
- Well acquainted with all hotel facilities, including the guest room facilities and knows all events in the hotel.
- Is thoroughly updated on arrivals, departure and transport arrangements for the day.
- Ensure guest recognition.
- Is able to identify and acknowledge repeat guests and VIPs.
- Ensure that each guest interaction is a delightful experience for the guests.
- Never say “NO”. Offer alternatives as applicable.
- Always find a way to exceed guest’s need and expectations.
- Ensure consistent delivery of hotel’s service standards.
- Is self-motivated and leads department by example.
- Is open and willing to adapt to new procedures for the benefit of guests and colleagues as and when introduces.
- Attend all scheduled training courses organized by the hotel as and when asked to.
- Is a team player and actively participates in all employee activities.
- Presents himself/herself at all times with professional courtesy and etiquette towards both guests and team members.
- Is well groomed and in proper uniform at all times.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Always projects a positive image of the hotel and company.
- Ensure strict compliance to all hotel and local laws regarding fire, health, safety and security procedures and actively participates in any training sessions conducted on the aforementioned.
- A bachelor's degree in facilities management, hospitality management, business administration, or a related field is often preferred.
- Relevant work experience in facilities management, preferably in the hotel or hospitality industry.
- Understanding of building systems, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other technical aspects of facility management. Knowledge of safety regulations and building codes
- Strong communication skills are essential for coordinating with various departments, managing staff, and interacting with guests.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Facility managers need to be adept at identifying and solving problems related to the hotel's physical infrastructure.
- Quick decision-making skills are valuable in emergency situations.
- Strong organizational skills to oversee maintenance schedules and facility improvement projects.
- Experience in budgeting and financial management is crucial for overseeing the facility management budget, including maintenance costs and capital expenses.
- A focus on providing a positive guest experience through well-maintained facilities.
- Familiarity with facility management software, computer-aided facility management (CAFM) systems, and other relevant technology tools.