F&B Coordinator at InterContinental Fujairah Resort - #33438
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day:
To assist the Assistant Food and Beverage Director and Outlet Managers with administrational support to ensure that they make the most efficient use of their time and schedules. Handles all daily correspondence and performs duties of an administrative nature, including, but not limited to taking dictations, transcriptions, typing, setting up appointments, receiving and screening calls, preparing correspondence and memoranda and maintaining and ensuring availability of files concerning the entire Food & Beverage Department.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Ensures timely forwarding and receiving of relevant information related to the Food and Beverage department in order to achieve open communication, maintain set standards and achieve internal and external guest satisfaction.
- Prioritizes and types all correspondence as requested. Manage the e-mail account of the Food and Beverage Department
- Confidently handles low-priority e-mails such as spam, resumes and small requests which can be easily actioned.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to the appropriate Department Heads.
- Types reports, letters, memorandum, forms, and correspondence including those of confidential nature and maintains files for all.
- Ensures that all outgoing emails, memorandum, circulars and letters are written according to InterContinental Standard and dispatched accordingly.
- Ensures that all records and files are kept up to date and that all correspondence is typed promptly and according to instructions given.
- Maintains an effective filing system that is easily accessible.
- Raises purchase requests for all office stationary.
- Assists in printing procedures and menu changes when necessary.
- Uses the correct telephone etiquette as per the Brand standard.
- Maintains positive relationships with the Food and Beverage Team and other interfacing departments.
- Develops and maintains the filing system for correspondence of the Food & Beverage Department and ensures that it is updated and available at all times.
- Ensures that no interruptions take place during external and internal meetings scheduled.
- In the absence of the Assistant Food and Beverage Director, ensures that all incoming messages are delivered correctly and promptly.
- Maintains and stores personnel files for Food & Beverage employees.
- Ensures that Assistant Food and Beverage Director is made aware of when Food and Beverage team appraisals are due to be conducted.
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Preferably tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a similar position or a related field with a proven track record of success.
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage operations.
- Experience in a 5-star luxury hotel company is essential.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, particularly to deal effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Belong.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey? As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.