F&B Training Manager - #24969
Marriott International, Inc
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Airport Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Training Manager FB is assisting the Director, Food and Beverage and Executive Chef to develop plan and manage learning and development programs for the Food and Beverage division to meet both the individual and organizational needs. Work alongside, develop and manage a pool of departmental trainers to ensure that regular and consistent departmental training is delivered to fulfill the needs of all operational departments. Promote and inform employees about all training programs, display leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations. Must Help colleagues identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence, ensure colleagues receive on-going training to understand guest expectations, use effective training methods to ensure colleagues have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
You must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience and training in a luxury hotel. Experience creating training content in a hospitality environment preferred, effective communication skills (both written and verbal). Comfortable in delivering to senior management, at all levels of the organization and experience working in a face environment
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Administering Employee Training Programs
- Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
- Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
- Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
- Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing Training Budgets
- Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
- Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Le Méridien, we are inspired by the era of glamorous travel, celebrating each culture through the distinctly European spirit of savouring the good life. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan culture seekers that appreciate moments of connection and slowing down to savour the destination. We provide authentic, chic and memorable service along with experiences that inspire guests to savour the good life. We’re looking for curious and creative people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien. In joining Le Méridien, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.