Finance Manager - #33555
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L’Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
- Reporting to the Director Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Supervise the day to day activities of the Accounting department including Receiving and Stores; ensuring all standards are followed
- Prepare and post journal entries, ensuring efficient completions of month-end functions
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Involves in Budget preparation.
- Monitor & supervise month end activities and prepare monthly P&L and Forecast.
- Ensure balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis
- Coordinate and ensure that all daily reports are issued timely and accurately
• Monitor the accounting control procedures including VAT compliances • Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new Colleagues supervisors
- Assist in the financial audit preparation
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenues and expenses
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required. Proficient in MS Excel and Power point.
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities • Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional attention to detail • Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on Guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Minimum 5 Years hotel Finance experience required