Financial Analyst – 2 year contract - #33619
Al Tayer Group
As a leader in luxury retail in the Middle East, Al Tayer Group's retail division, Al Tayer Insignia, hosts a portfolio of some of the world’s best luxury brands in the fashion, jewellery, home and department store categories. Complementing its position in luxury retail, Al Tayer Insignia has also built new frontiers in lifestyle retail, representing leading brands in the Beauty, Home, Fashion and Hospitality sectors. Our brands include Bloomingdales, Harvey Nichols and Armani to name just a few!
About The Role
In this 2 year contract you will provide support and advise to the Company Management on all financial matters and ensure control and compliance of procedures and schedule of authority, besides maintenance of accounts and company’s assets, so as to accurately reflect the financial health of the company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide support, service and advise on all financial matters to the company’s management, i.e., budgets preparation, and presentation, management accounting, MIS and all other financial and non-financial reports and statements.
- Liaise with all central and company departments for budgeting and forecasting purposes. Consolidate annual accounts and ensure timely audit of the annual accounts.
- Exercise budgetary controls, accounting, and physical control as per laid down procedures of asset management. Also exercise controls on other purchases and services.
- Ensure tax compliance; return filing for timely basis wherever applicable.
- Ensure proper insurance cover on company’s assets in coordination with corporate finance.
Carry out inventory control function: like approval of orders, opening of L/Cs, retirement of documents, costing and pricing, insurance, review of inventory ageing etc., to ensure that laid down norms are observed.
- Ensure that credit limit controls and procedures are observed. Review collection and ageing of debtors. Advise management on credit limits and provide MIS and exception reporting.
- Monitor internal/ external payments on timely basis and exercise internal controls so that payments are made as per the approved terms for goods and services supplied. Exercise controls on other purchases and services.
- Ensure that all accounting entries are incorporated in the company accounts after they have been approved as per the schedule of authority. Ensure that accounts are kept up to date to reflect all the transaction of the business, including all reconciliation with the bankers, debtors, creditors, and groups companies.
- Monitor bank balances against the facilities to ensure that the company operates within the approved facilities. Project cash flows and advise appropriate authorities in case of likely shortfall. Ensure controls are exercised in cash collections, cash held and banking.
- Forecast foreign exchange requirements are communicated to HO Finance and advise any change as and when necessary.
- Review monthly/Annual closing activities in accordance with corporate policies and IFRS and ensure timely submission of monthly management reports.
Education: Qualified CA.
Experience: 4 to 5 years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge/ experience in international accounting practice in a computerized environment.
- PC Literate with good Excel knowledge and exposure to ERP solutions.
- Should be familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Should have the ability to analyze financial issues.
- Should have good analytical, numerical and research skills.
- Should have good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Good English language.