Franchise Hotel - Demi Chef de Partie- Holiday Inn Express & Staybridge Suites- Al Maktoum - #33610
Holiday Inn Express
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
At Holiday Inn Express, we're all about travel that's simple AND smart.
That means we offer more to our guests where it matters most to them. Easy check-in? Check. All the essentials in a comfy room? They're all included with a great night's sleep.We're focused on getting our guests more than ready. So we're always ready. Are you?
Your day to day
- Share the overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food Cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene with the, Commis Chef s & Chief Steward and the entire stewarding team.
- Participate in the preparation of food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mise en place and set- up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
Train, motivate, recommend discipline, and supervise the work of kitchen employees ensuring that all cultural and core standards are met.
Ensure HACCP standards are met and are monitored in a regular basis
Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill etc.
Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up, note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Have excellent knowledge into menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
What we need from you
- 3 years related experience including at least 1 year in same role
- Strong background in HACCP procedures and application
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A true team-player mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you'll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.