Franchise Hotel - Housekeeping Manager - Th8 Palm Hotel, Vignette Collection - #43953
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Vignette Collection is a diverse group of luxury hotels with a fresh focus, offering guests a more authentic and thoughtful way to travel.
We've created a collection brand that gives guests and colleagues an inspiring new choice. One that puts people at the heart of everything we do, to reframe luxury hospitality for the better.
Our hotels are unique in their own right, with their own distinct outlook and story to tell.
Your day to day
- Assist in the administration and management of the Housekeeping operation.
- Ensure the highest levels of guest service through the application of all our hotels and its Core standards and standard operating policies.
- Conduct regular inspections of guest rooms.
- Responsible to train supervisors and fulfill training role in the absence of the trainer.
- Handle guest complaints and follow through on required actions.
- Manages supervisors and ensures productive, proactive work ethic is maintained and illustrated to staff at all times.
- Conducts all VIP room inspections, prior to inspection.
- Involvement in special projects associated within the housekeeping scope of responsibilities.
- Ensure lost and found procedures are followed through accurately and consistently.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Engineering and Front Office departments.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety are achieved in the department and throughout the hotel.
- Ensure a progressive environment is created and maintained that affords employees the opportunities for job fulfillment within our hotels.
- Assist in maximizing hotel profitability by properly managing expenses, labor and other material resources.
- To be health & safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Organizes and ensures accuracy of regular inventories and analysis of losses.
- To assist in scheduling & planning of departmental rosters, departmental orientation colleagues and training schedules.
- Understands and is aware of all fire and safety procedures as well as occupational health and safety.
- To spot-check staff areas for cleanliness.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days of assignment and additional duties.
- Act as liaison for all external contractors, auditing their services regularly and ensuring their standards meet IHG standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
What we need from you
- Fluency in English (verbal & written) essential.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Hotel Housekeeping department.
- Proven training skills.
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Hotel PMS, Opera desirable.
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and thrives under pressure.
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you'll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.