Franchise Hotel - Housekeeping Shift Leader - Holiday Inn Express & Staybridge Suites- Al Maktoum - #33712
Holiday Inn Express
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
At Holiday Inn Express, we're all about travel that's simple AND smart.
That means we offer more to our guests where it matters most to them. Easy check-in? Check. All the essentials in a comfy room? They're all included with a great night's sleep.We're focused on getting our guests more than ready. So we're always ready. Are you?
Your day to day
- Support Manager in assigning the work of Room Attendants and assist the Housekeeping employees by jumping in and cleaning as needed.
- Check and maintain adequate level of supplies and material and request replenishment of supplies as required.
- Work with Front Desk and Maintenance Departments regarding the status of rooms and common areas ensuring that guest requirements are met according to Hotel policy.
- Assist the Housekeeper Manager in the daily checking of guest rooms and designated staff areas, public areas maintaining cleanliness standards.
- Ensure guest lost items are secured and policies followed. Carry out opening and closing procedures including hosting morning meeting, staff warm up and assigning rooms and tasks.
- Ensure prompt email communication with other departments. Assist with team member orientation and training within the department.
- Attend meetings as requested and contribute new ideas to the overall success of the operation.
- Lead by example and communicate with all team members in a fair and respectful way.
- Inspire the team to achieve high standards of work and guest care. Follow all emergency procedures.
- Ensure all guest comments and feedback are acknowledged and followed up promptly.
What we need from you
- Communicate effectively with all other departments
- Ability to work a flexible roster
- Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
- Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offering to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ensure safe work practices are adopted at all time and report any OHS concerns immediately to your direct manager or HR Manager.
- Consistently achieve in accordance with hotel standards and as directed by your supervisor and/or manager.
- Consistently meets productivity targets.
- Guest satisfaction ratings
- Presentation and cleanliness of pantry and store room.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Able to read and write English
- Minimum 2 years Housekeeping Experience in a 4-5 Star Hotel
- Good understanding of correct manual handling techniques
- Understanding of safe use of cleaning chemicals and personal protective equipment.
- Can do attitude and a high level of energy
- Professionally groomed
- Able to work well independently
- Should be sturdy and medically fit.
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you'll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.