Franchise Hotel - Housekeeping Supervisor - #33452
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Vignette Collection is a diverse group of luxury hotels with a fresh focus, offering guests a more authentic and thoughtful way to travel.
We've created a collection brand that gives guests and colleagues an inspiring new choice. One that puts people at the heart of everything we do, to reframe luxury hospitality for the better.
Our hotels are unique in their own right, with their own distinct outlook and story to tell.
Your day to day
- Maintain a presence as requested at hotel / department meetings and committees.
- Comply at all times with Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Handle guest complaints and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas to service guests.
- Attend daily morning briefings with Housekeeping Management.
- To make sure Housekeeping Attendants are informed daily about VIPs, special guest requests - priority in their section.
- To make sure checkout rooms are returned in a timely manner.
- To check at 4pm rooms with DND - no service given at that time and coordinate make up with Housekeeping Attendants.
- Assist with and lead Housekeeping Attendants (day, evening and Houseman), with daily duties.
- Train and coach employees on expected standards of service and conduct.
- Conduct daily inspections of guest rooms and floors.
- Be up to date on all guest services and events in the hotel.
- Work closely with Housekeeping Coordinator.
- Inspect all rooms assigned to Housekeeping Attendants, and Houseman.
- Inspect show rooms.
- Notify Housekeeping Attendant/Houseman of any deficiencies found, and return to correct when applicable.
- Re-inspect corrected room.
- Physically check discrepant rooms to ascertain status.
- Report and follow up with engineering issues in all areas of the Hotel.
- Confirm that all daily duties are completed to standard by: Housekeeping Attendants, and Houseman.
- Must be able to perform all Housekeeping Attendant and Houseman's duties.
- Work with all housekeeping staff to maintain and improve guest service scores.
- Maintain a presence as requested at hotel meetings and committees.
- Ensure all guestrooms have proper furniture; fixtures and amenities and that all set standards for placement are being followed.
- Work with all Housekeeping staff to maintain and improve LQA scores.
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings.
- Confirm status of all rooms at end of day.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside the department, when called upon.
- To note any maintenance needs - write order and follow up on repairs being completed in time.
- To report any damage/special cleaning/change of soft furnishings and follow-up as discussed.
- To ensure that there is sufficient clean linen and supplies in pantries.
- To make sure at the end of shift all pantries are checked for cleanliness and surplus supplies are returned. All vacuum cleaners are clean, room attendants have completed all rooms.
- All lost and found are sent to security, following the correct procedures.
- To make sure any Health/Safety matters are reported and followed up.
- To prepare all turndown papers with relevant information for evening maids (V.I.P's/specials/ turndown times /cleaning times)
- To conduct proper handover with each Supervisor on the next shift, to keep seamless information flow.
- To check any late check outs and non-checked rooms for update before 6.pm.
- To check during evening condition of Public Areas.
- To make sure Wash Rooms are clean and well run.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper/Housekeeping Manager/Assistant Housekeeping Managers
What we need from you
- Fluency in English (verbal & written) essential.
- High school diploma preferred, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel housekeeping environment.
- Proven training skills.
- Experience with Hotel PMS, Opera desirable.
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills.
- Long hours sometimes may be required.
- Shift work is required - morning, afternoon, night
- Continual walking.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guest.
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through. Courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision.
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you'll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.