General Manager - New Luxury Mall - Abu Dhabi - #43555
- Opportunity to work with a legacy group with strong roots in Abu Dhabi
- Launch of one of the Middle East's most distinctive and opulent destinations
About Our Client
My client is a hospitality entity with a one of the most historic locations in Abu Dhabi which is going through a redevelopment with their latest project set to redefine luxury retail segment in the region.
Reporting to the board, this person will be responsible for;
- Developing and executing pre-opening strategies, including leasing, marketing, and operational planning. Establishing operational policies, procedures, and standards in alignment with the company's objectives.
- Managing a team responsible for leasing, identifying and securing premium retail brands to enhance the mall's offering. This individual will build and maintain strong relationships with prospective retailers, addressing their needs and concerns promptly.
- Recruiting, training, and developing a skilled and motivated team across various departments, including operations, leasing, marketing, and facilities management
- Acting as the primary point of contact for stakeholders, including the board of directors, investors and especially government authorities. This includes providing regular updates and reports on the mall's performance, financial metrics, and strategic initiatives.
- The project has already finished construction, however this individual would still be involved in conversations with key stakeholders like contractors, architects, and vendors through internal consultants
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this role, it is a must to have the following experience,
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior management roles within the retail or luxury shopping center destinations, with a proven track record of success in pre-opening and managing upscale malls
- Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal abilities, with a demonstrated aptitude for building and maintaining strategic partnerships in the retail space
- Strong financial acumen, with a comprehensive understanding of budgeting, financial analysis, and cost management principles, coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on revenue-generating opportunities.
- Strong strategic planning and decision-making abilities, with a results-oriented approach and a proven ability to drive operational excellence, achieve business objectives, and maximize profitability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with a high level of adaptability, resilience, and resourcefulness, and the group enters a new phase in it's history, it will come with its challenges.
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits