Guest Service Supervisor - #43711
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world's most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Employees at Anantara Dubai Palm Jumeirah Resort & Spa always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their associates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Is responsible for Guest Service function of the resort.
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient service to all guests, so as to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate an efficient arrival and departure formality for all guests.
- Assist guest in resort activity enquiries/requests.
- Ensure that established levels of guest service are maintained at all times within the reception area.
- Actively elicit guest feedback and preferences, regarding resort services and ensure action is initiated on the same to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Ensure guest errands are executed as directed.
- Prepare all information collaterals for guests and related departments as per the policy and standards.
- Ensure guests are personally welcomed and greeted by name and escorted to their rooms on arrival.
- Provide information on resort services and facilities, as well as local attractions and general enquires as requested.
- Ensure a member of management is in attendance of all arrivals and departures.
- Ensure sufficient stocking of welcome beverage, refresh towels and special departure expressions are maintained.
- Coordinate transportation for guests in collaboration with the Concierge, Bell Captain and Bell Men including buggy and car transfers.
- Provide complete assistance to guests on arrival and departure (check in and check out).
- Prepare accurate room folios / bills and ensures settlement of the same.
- Responsible for all check outs being done efficiently and accurately.
- Handle difficult situations effectively following resort policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Resort’s Policies & Procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Ensure proper record keeping and documentation, as per statutory and organizational requirements.
- Closely liaise with Guest Services Centre in ensuring all follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure correct documentation of all transactions at Front Office during shifts.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently guest complaints and compliments to the Front Office Manager / Duty Manager.
- Keep superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Ensure safety and security of guests’ belongings.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and standards.
- Actively participate in selling excursions and coordinating recreation, spa and Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the sanctity of the Guest Service Questionnaire daily as per standard operating procedure.
- Attend behavioral and vocational training in own and related work areas, to enhance skills and develop multi-functionality.
- Lead the Guest Service team by example.
- Train, mentor and coach the Guest Service team.
- Ensure that all fellow associates follow Safety rules and operating procedures.
- Is aware of all house rules and assists in enforcing them on associates.
- Always conduct himself/herself in such a manner so as to encourage all fellow team members to do likewise.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Project at all times, a favorable image of the company, resort and department.
- A strong focus on customer service.
- Prior experience in hotel front office operations is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in English is required.
- Be able to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Computer skills in Ms Office.