Homeroom Teacher - Dubai Schools - #43825
The Dubai Schools Mission is to be a Beacon of Academic Excellence. Combining an inquisitive teaching approach and future-focused skillset delivery, we work hand-in-hand with the community to nurture students to become independent and empathetic learners. We offer an American education that will be guided by Arabic principles and Islamic values which will foster future-ready graduates, driven by pride and tolerance.
The main objective of the Dubai Schools Al Barsha, Mirdif and Nad al Sheba Projects is to create a mutually beneficial partnership between the government and the private sector that ensures Dubai’s aspiration to have 100% of Emirati Students enrolled in 'Good+' rated schools.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Taaleem teacher embodies, radiates, and transmits the unique Taaleem ethos of excellence, innovation, creativity, and compassion. Through inspirational teaching, with a deep understanding of students’ individual learning needs and the Dubai Schools values of Future Ready, Trust and Empathy, Collaboration and Inclusion, Cultural Preservation, and Academic Excellence, the Dubai Schools teacher strives to ensure that our distinctive curriculum programs lay firm foundations for academic and professional success, personal and spiritual fulfillment, and a love of lifelong learning in every one of our students. Dubai Schools and Taaleem Teachers inspire young minds.
- Representing areas of knowledge, understanding, and skills, in all their richness, to students taught.
- Inculcating by precept and example the highest regard for truth, justice, equality of opportunity, human rights, benevolence, and compassion.
- Engaging and motivating students to achieve at levels that are beyond their expectations and previous limits.
- Using excellent subject knowledge, and pedagogic, and interpersonal skills to enthuse students and enable students to enjoy learning.
- Making full use of educational technology and blended learning practices to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for students of all ages and attainment levels.
- Planning lessons taking full account of students’ individual learning needs, as well as their learning styles, preferences, and capabilities.
- Encouraging and enabling all students to become effective, confident, and independent life-long learners.
- Maintaining excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school.
- Planning and delivery of a program of learning opportunities and activities to enrich and enhance the taught curriculum.
- Co-operating with colleagues to establish and maintain fair and consistent disciplinary practices in the classroom, around the school, and on school trips, and taking active measures to protect students from all forms of abuse, including racist or sexist abuse, bullying, and any kind of corporal punishment.
- Communicate openly and professionally with parents regularly about the attainment and progress of their child.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality when speaking to parents and external parties.
- Model good practice of academic honesty.
- Contribute actively to department discussions in meetings.
- Contribute to and plan after-school activities as required.
- Actively support the school partnership with the community e.g. attending school/community events which may occasionally occur at weekends or in the evening i.e. school concerts etc.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably requested.
Education: Bachelor’s of Education degree and/or a valid certified professional teaching qualification and license.
- Experience teaching US Curriculum (desirable)
- Experience working with English Language Learners (advantageous)
What We Offer
Teaching Staff are offered two-year contracts, which can be extended by further periods of up to two years, on the recommendation of the Principal.
Salaries are awarded on the basis of experience and qualifications and will be appointed to a specific point on the Dubai Schools’ salary scale. We regularly review our salary scales, which are structured to enable ongoing development and progression.
We offer a comprehensive set of benefits to our international staff, ensuring internationally recruited staff are provided with accommodation appropriate to the teacher’s status and family needs.
The Dubai Schools provide Medical Insurance to all employees under its sponsorship, during their employment, as per the UAE Labour Law. The insurance will cover the medical expenses within defined individual annual limits and as per the terms and conditions of the prevailing medical insurance policy.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Employment visa
- Taaleem provided accommodation or housing allowance
- Medical insurance for self, spouse, and two children
- Annual flight allowance for self
- Relocation allowance
- Tuition Fee Discount
Taaleem is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. At Taaleem, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective practices in relation to child protection and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to various background checks including, receipt of high quality references, proof of relevant qualifications, identification and police checks, including overseas checks.
Taaleem is the second largest provider of education in the region and a group that has an absolute focus on education. As a Taaleem teacher, you will join one of the largest, most respected education providers in the United Arab Emirates. Taaleem (which means ‘education’ in Arabic) was established in 2004 and now has over 27,000 students attending our diverse portfolio of international schools, pre-schools and public-private partnership schools across the UAE. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem is also one of the Middle East’s leading IB workshop providers for PYP, MYP, DP and CP. Taaleem is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents.
Taaleem seeks to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Taaleem is committed to:
- Equipping children in the region holistically with the skills, knowledge and character to compete globally
- Offering a comprehensive range of outstanding international curricula
- Designing, building and managing the best educational facilities
- Creating and implementing benchmark educational initiatives
- Nurturing educational excellence through the attraction, retention and development of the best educators
- Continuously evaluating and improving standards across our schools
- Establishing our schools as valued cornerstones of their communities
Opportunities at Taaleem
The Taaleem family of schools are a truly values-driven organisation and always happy to receive applications from ‘outstanding’ teachers, including KG, Early Years and Primary and Secondary Specialists. We are also looking to hear from experienced professionals interested in joining our support functions within our schools and Central Office.
We recruit the very best international teachers who can deliver our international curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. Taaleem is committed to inspiring young minds and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. Due to our rigorous approvals systems in the UAE please be aware of the requirements for teachers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Candidates must hold a recognised teaching qualification, e.g. Bachelor’s of Education or PGCE to gain KHDA and ADEK approval.
History of Taaleem
The origins of Taaleem began in 2004 when Beacon Education, a school management company was set up to develop and run high quality education projects. Beacon Education was created to meet the need for top-quality schools as the region’s population continues to grow.
Our first schools opened in September 2005 and two years later, His Excellency Nasser Hassan Al-Shaikh, Chairman of the Board of Taaleem, spearheaded a major ongoing investment in Beacon Education by National Bonds, a Dubai-based private joint stock company with around 50% ownership by the Government of Dubai.
Taaleem is the assumed name through which we will continue to deliver our promise to inspire students and help them to identify and develop their passions and talents.