Income Controller - #33125
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Ras al-Khaimah
Contract type: Full time
- To understand thoroughly ACCOR objectives in Income Audit.
- Provide an effective auditing system for all hotel revenues and receipts
- Provide detail analysis for as and when required for various people in the Accounting and Cost Control.
- Produce Daily Revenue Flash for the use of Department Heads with all necessary revenue and statistical figures for them to operate their individual profit centers effectively.
- Establish a system of monitoring the data input by operation level ambassadors.
- To audit charges to city ledger and credit card companies before forwarding them to the Accounts Receivable section.
- To audit daily Rooms, Food & Beverage revenue summaries and their supporting transaction reports of the Night Audit Process.
- To audit telephone revenue.
- To audit revenues from Other Operated Departments such as Laundry, Fitness Centre and Business Centre for completeness.
- To ensure that all of the day’s Banquet revenue has been recorded by checking against the function orders.
- To review paid-out and allowance vouchers for accuracy, proper approval and supporting documentation.
- To verify supports for complimentary and house use rooms and or room charged at rates varying from the rack potential.
- To spot check the accuracy of “regular” and “contractual” room rates in the system.
- To verify computer reports for occupied rooms against the Housekeepers’ report and to prepare a Room Reconciliation report to be reviewed by the Finance Manager.
- To review all house use and entertainment checks for propriety and to ensure that they are signed and authorized.
- To check the accuracy of all outlet price set up in the system.
- To set up the Meal Packages in Opera with the assistance of the Director of Revenue and to reconcile the daily posting of all the meal package related transactions and to adjust daily for any wrong posting.
- To audit all Food & Beverage outlet checks for “Voids” and “Cancellations” for explanation and approval by Outlet Managers (or delegated ambassador), and by the Outlet Chef for instances of cancelled captain’s / automatic kitchen orders.
- To audit the daily General Cashier’s Report against recorded cash movements.
- To verify that the computerized Daily Revenue Flash reflects completely all of the day’s transactions.
- To check the sequential use of all pre-numbered forms and checks, such as Food & Beverage Checks, Business Center vouchers, Fitness Center membership cards, Official Receipts and to investigate any missing or irregular forms.
- To review guest ledger balances daily and research questionable movements.
- To investigate late charges and skippers. Notify the Department Heads concerned and forward all details to the Finance Manager for further action.
- To ensure all temporary folios are closed periodically.