IT Assistant - UAEN - #24798
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Abu Dhabi
Contract type: Full time
- IT Assistant is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware and software systems for the group.
- Commitment to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) /Environment Safety and Health, incident reporting and risk management as required and observed
Operations - Ethical Practice:
- Responding to technical support calls from end users of computers and software applications
- setting up and installing new computers, networks and software
- setting up user accounts and profiles on the computers and network
- installing updates, known as patches, to software applications & operating systems
- installing and configuring operating systems, anti-virus software and other applications such as Microsoft Office
- diagnosing and fixing network problems and hardware or software faults
- maintaining inventories of hardware and software
- keeping a record of issues and faults along with solutions, for future reference.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Provides backup support and assistance in absence of other team member as needed
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related Ticket or incident when called upon.
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Working closely with other departments/organizations and collaborating with corporate IT team for any assistance
- To ensure that all the I.T. related issues or concerns are identified and resolved.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining confidential information, records, and reports.
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned by the Head of Department within the scope of his/her job
- Adhere to the clinic’s mission of “Faster-Better-Friendlier-Safer Service”
- Adhere to the hospitals telephone standards
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Effectively and consistently communicates to administrative personnel and encourage interactive departmental meetings and discussions
- Communicates the mission ethics and goals as well as the focus statement of the department
- Professional attitude and aptitude towards communication keeping in mind that in every communication to internal or external customers the company is represented.
- Guide and mentor junior and new staff.
- Encourage multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Implement clinics policies and procedures.
- Apply oneself to the job, continually upgrade one self, and embrace the clinic’s core values.
- Care for their own and their colleagues’ health, safety and wellbeing, and awareness and contribution to the environment
Decision and Making Authority:
- Work is to be performed according to DOH and CosmeSurge & Emirates Clinics guidelines in terms of accepted professional practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering
- Minimum 0 - 2 years in a similar organization
- Excellent Customer Service skill
- Adequate knowledge of computer applications (i.e. word, excel, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to relate positively to other people contributing to the smooth operation of the team
- Deal with complaints in professional manner
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent problem solving, negotiating and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with; software, control, electronic and mechanical engineers.
- Safety conscious, motivated, able to manage pressure, takes initiative.
- Displays integrity and honesty
- Is service oriented and customer focused
Fluent in English & Arabic (preferable)